Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 233
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #201  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    I'm starting to come around on this thing being a hot mess.

    1. This morning after I took the phone off the charger, I never even turned the screen on, but was down to 2% battery after 4 hours. The main culprit: "dialer". While the screen was off, the phone remained "awake" that whole time. I wonder if that has something to do with being in an area with spotty coverage right now, but that is unacceptable. I've been in areas with perfectly fine coverage, and the phone still stays awake with the screen off.

    2. The phone is very buggy when it comes to taking screen grabs. It used to take a try or two to get one, but recently it takes several minutes of fussing and fighting to get just one.

    3. Using the power control widget, toggling the brightness setting can be extremely buggy. Press it once, nothing happens. Press it twice, nothing happens. Press it three times, nothing happens. Give up, go into settings and change it there. Several minutes later it will (sometimes) cycle through the various brightness levels from when I was pressing the widget.

    I love the screen and I love the camera, but this is becoming too much.
  2. #202  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brekfest View Post
    I'm starting to come around on this thing being a hot mess.

    1. This morning after I took the phone off the charger, I never even turned the screen on, but was down to 2% battery after 4 hours. The main culprit: "dialer". While the screen was off, the phone remained "awake" that whole time. I wonder if that has something to do with being in an area with spotty coverage right now, but that is unacceptable. I've been in areas with perfectly fine coverage, and the phone still stays awake with the screen off.

    2. The phone is very buggy when it comes to taking screen grabs. It used to take a try or two to get one, but recently it takes several minutes of fussing and fighting to get just one.

    3. Using the power control widget, toggling the brightness setting can be extremely buggy. Press it once, nothing happens. Press it twice, nothing happens. Press it three times, nothing happens. Give up, go into settings and change it there. Several minutes later it will (sometimes) cycle through the various brightness levels from when I was pressing the widget.

    I love the screen and I love the camera, but this is becoming too much.
    Screen grabs are drop dead simple.



    Sent from my HOX
  3. #203  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    I understand how it's supposed to work, but that just doesn't work on my phone with any level of consistency. Sometimes the screen flashes, but no photo is taken. Sometimes a picture is taken, but it's just a triangle/exclamation point error icon. Occasionally, it actually takes a screen grab.
  4. #204  

    Default Loss of Data Connection

    HTC One X - ATT

    I usually shut off my HOX at night. Sometimes, when I turned it on in the morning, I would find that there was no data connection, although the icons showed 4G and four bars of signal. Voice calls worked OK. Looking at the Mobile network settings, it would say "Disconnected", and the APN would show the message, "Sim Card Not Detected". ATT Tech Support was not able to resolve the problem. I then noticed that the Fast Boot option was selected in the Power Settings. I unchecked the Fast Boot, and the data connection problem has not occurred again.
  5. #205  
    toramorigan's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 Nightly (Evita)

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Has anyone had any issues while typing, especially in the text messaging app, while using SwiftKey 3?

    When I text, especially if I'm texting fast, the screen tends to flash/blip out into white. There also seems to be some noticeable lag when sending texts after pressing send. Maybe it's from the amount of use I've been giving it since I first got the phone, but sometimes it seems to take 5 seconds or more for the text to show up in the chat window after hitting send.
  6. #206  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    use Youmail
  7. #207  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    yes this happens often for me.
  8. #208  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    by "this" i mean the screen blips, toramorigan
  9. #209  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    i have the same exact problems... on my 4th one same problems its so annoying that when im trying to send a text it never sends even when i have full service.
  10. #210  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Wifi/Network Problems- If you are rooted, flashing one of the new modems helps a LOT. My phone had trouble "letting go" of a network, and couldn't send anything, etc. Whether wifi or not, it would do this. The new modems did fix that for me. This should get upgraded in any updates the HOX gets for any non-rooted folks that want that fix. This is a pretty serious issue, and seemingly very common.
    [Radio][RIL]Flashable Radios with RIL files, Map, and AROMA Installer (Updated 7/21) - xda-developers

    I have a couple Sense bugs that I was hoping someone had a work-around/fix for.

    Google Voice- When you use the dial pad to dial, it uses the phone's actual number and not your Voice number. I seemed to have mixed results from clicking on the call log, but it works correctly dialing from everywhere else (Contacts, Voice). This can make dialing numbers that are not contacts, without using the wrong phone number, annoying. Anyone figure this one out?

    I turn auto-rotate off, and use a Tasker script to turn it on for certain apps. to avoid all the unwanted rotating. I have the Gallery white listed of course, but when I play a movie, it uses some other program to play it. Anyone know what it is? I am afraid it will NOT be an app, and then I am not sure I can white list it. Will have to give rotation a toggle button back .

    Another Gallery issue is uploading to Picasa. The interface gets stuck at the album selection... it does not seem to be successfully talking to Picasa. I don't use Picasa for backup (yay Dropbox), but I do use it for easily adding pictures for the family to see. Anyone got this to work?

    Liking the phone a lot. Just little bugs left for me, all the big ones squashed .
  11. #211  
    brian1269's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brekfest View Post
    I understand how it's supposed to work, but that just doesn't work on my phone with any level of consistency. Sometimes the screen flashes, but no photo is taken. Sometimes a picture is taken, but it's just a triangle/exclamation point error icon. Occasionally, it actually takes a screen grab.
    I've experienced the exact same thing. The screen grab function is a joke. It works about 25% of the time.
  12. #212  
    brian1269's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Wi-Fi won't stop finding networks

    This has been going on since the 4.0.4 update. It won't won't stop notifying me of available networks in the notification bar. I have Network notification deselected, but it still notifies me. Every time I am in a new area, up pops the "Wi-Fi network network found, A Wi-Fi network is available." I've selected it and deselected it multiple times, rebooted, etc.but it won't stop. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
  13. #213  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    You have to download the application through Google Play
  14. #214  
    SenseMonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    1,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian1269 View Post
    This has been going on since the 4.0.4 update. It won't won't stop notifying me of available networks in the notification bar. I have Network notification deselected, but it still notifies me. Every time I am in a new area, up pops the "Wi-Fi network network found, A Wi-Fi network is available." I've selected it and deselected it multiple times, rebooted, etc.but it won't stop. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
    If your in a new area why not just turn off wifi.? Its just extra battery juice your using.
  15. #215  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian1269 View Post
    This has been going on since the 4.0.4 update. It won't won't stop notifying me of available networks in the notification bar. I have Network notification deselected, but it still notifies me. Every time I am in a new area, up pops the "Wi-Fi network network found, A Wi-Fi network is available." I've selected it and deselected it multiple times, rebooted, etc.but it won't stop. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?
    I'm having it as well, drives me nuts...

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
  16. #216  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    If your in a new area why not just turn off wifi.? Its just extra battery juice your using.
    Because when I am near a WiFi I actually want, I don't want to have to turn it on..

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
  17. #217  
    iberiamedic's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Many times during the day, my phone keeps saying "Loading". Loading up the home page and it takes about 10 seconds or so. Is anyone else getting this message?
  18. #218  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    same here, and try to read those pass codes sheesh...
  19. #219  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    MY first one did this i sent it back ... i did notice though that it had actually charged just wasnt showing it
  20. #220  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    sometimes i dont get phone calls or texts come into my phone until i restart it. i found out that this happens when there is an app that is on for a while (i have noticed it happened when using pandora and also digitally imported radio) i have gone down to their support center and told them everything about it. all they did was give me another one x. i called customer service because it kept happening, they told me to factory reset and that they will "change towers" or something like that. so right now, im testing to see if itll happen again. does anyone else have this problem?
  21. #221  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    I haven't had any problems so far but i've only had my phone for 2 days. The only issue I am noticing is that when my mom, other family, or friends that have an iphone try to send me a screen shot of their screen, whenever I receive it on my phone its a very very tiny picture and I cant save it or zoom in to read it. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?
  22. #222  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Try doing this- (How-to) Increase MMS image file size limit from 300k to 2M or 5M - xda-developers

    Please note that I am guessing, but I have heard reference before about seeing mms messages from iphone users not coming across good, and this was being referred to then. This is also the point where you can tease them, by asking them to simply email you the screenshot attachment.

    Let us know!
  23. #223  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Anyone else have apps that are taking up way too much memory when you close them? Like Facebook for example, I can close it, back out of it, go to my task manager and see it taking up sometimes 40 MB or more. Sometimes it can get to 60 or 70. Its not only Facebook, its other apps as well, like Tapatalk, some games, etc. Sometimes it says the settings are taking up that much memory.

    I used to didn't do this, but its gotten to where I go into task manager a lot and shut them down. Its driving me crazy.

    Sent from my HTC One X
  24. #224  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

    Just opened Facebook and closed it. Went into task manager and it listed Facebook using 103 MB of memory.

    Sent from my HTC One X
  25. #225  

    Default Re: HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread



    Sent from my HTC One X
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions