HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I didn't know what else to try since nothing else worked...and again for two days now its been flawless since turning off wifi all together....don't know why else the two would correlate :confused:

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I use the stock HOX browser, the pull down notification menu is no longer accessible. Also, like someone else mentioned, when clicking on a link such as a YouTube video the HOX does not allow you to choose if you want the YouTube app to open it. It only opens through the stock browser on the mobile YouTube website. I have the Chrome beta browser downloaded and the HOX never gives me the option to use the Chrome browser for any web related tasks. It always just uses the stock browser which sucks!!! These reasons alone are enough to return the HOX. They have taken away to many stock Android features. Not to mention they killed multitasking. I mean, my iPhone 4S doesn't even reload everything when multitasking. The iPhone multitasks better than the HOX, hands down. Great hardware and the potential for great software ruined by HTC. I'll be returning the HOX and waiting for the GS3, which should arrive towards the end of June here in the U.S.. It's a shame to see HTC deviate from great Android features with their Sense 4.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
When I use the stock HOX browser, the pull down notification menu is no longer accessible. Also, like someone else mentioned, when clicking on a link such as a YouTube video the HOX does not allow you to choose if you want the YouTube app to open it. It only opens through the stock browser on the mobile YouTube website. I have the Chrome beta browser downloaded and the HOX never gives me the option to use the Chrome browser for any web related tasks. It always just uses the stock browser which sucks!!! These reasons alone are enough to return the HOX. They have taken away to many stock Android features. Not to mention they killed multitasking. I mean, my iPhone 4S doesn't even reload everything when multitasking. The iPhone multitasks better than the HOX, hands down. Great hardware and the potential for great software ruined by HTC. I'll be returning the HOX and waiting for the GS3, which should arrive towards the end of June here in the U.S.. It's a shame to see HTC deviate from great Android features with their Sense 4.

Idk what your phone is doing but mine asked after I installed chrome if it was to be default browser. You should also go into app associations and choose chrome for links to open in. These issues are there because at some point you checked the box...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

rhemzy

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the most ridiculous conversation with an HTC phone rep a couple days ago.

I asked about the data issue, and he did actually acknowledge that some people were having this problem. He told me any time it starts happening (which for me is every 10 minutes or so), to switch the phone into airplane mode, restart it, and turn airplane mode back off. That was actually the proposed solution...

I also asked about the overheating issue that happens when the phone's data is locked up, and he told me to "hold the phone up to an air conditioner when it happens to cool it down". Unbelievable... Our conversation ended shortly thereafter.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Idk what your phone is doing but mine asked after I installed chrome if it was to be default browser. You should also go into app associations and choose chrome for links to open in. These issues are there because at some point you checked the box...

The default browser I figured out through app association but chrome beta runs like crap on the HOX. Very laggy. Also there is no app associations for Youtube links. Very disappointing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

burrari

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I get SMS & the phone is on vibrate nothing happens just see the notification light emails do work for me not sure if it's normal or I need to change some settings..

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing an odd issue with it not keeping time like it should. This morning I woke up at 6:50 am and my work iPhone had the right time but my One X was about 20 minutes or more slower.

I had to restart it to get the time to correct... Not quite sure what is going on with that.

Settings, Date and Time, check the top two checkboxs.

Done.

Sent from my HOX

brian1269

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to use HTC tech support via e-mail about the wi-fi dropping out and the LED notification light only working for a few minutes. Here is part of the response I received:

"Thank you Brian for contacting HTC. I'm truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues related to your WiFi as well as LED notifications on your One X. I can definitely understand how frustrating this can be and I'm more than happy to help. I would first like to have you perform what's called a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone."

I got a kick out of that.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I just experienced the data drop (again) and got it back without cycling data on/off or cycling airplane mode. I opened google play (market) and couldn't get any data. I opened chrome, facebook, speed test...nothing. I went to recent apps and dragged google play (market) out of the list and data was back.

Is this the issue or a coincidence?

adg44

May 8, 2012
Visit site
@adg44...you don't use your wifi but is it physically switched off?

Yes.

I am about to throw this phone out the window. Not only does it constantly drop data, but it often times doesn't notify me or show and text messages. On Monday, I got three text messages from three diferent people (one at 1PM, 3PM, and 6PM), and there was no notification or number next to the messages icon. It wasn't until 8:30PM that it showed "3" next to messages, and no notifications. When I opened the messages app, there were my unread messages with the corresponding timestamps. It often does the same with emails as well.

I really don't understand that data drop issue. I can be sitting in my house, where I have 4 bars of LTE, and the data doesn't work. Then sometimes the signal will completely go out, switch to 4G, then go back to LTE, and yet there is still no connectivity.

I will try my luck swapping out for a new phone, but if that doesn't fix it, I may have to go back to my BlackBerry for the time being.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to use HTC tech support via e-mail about the wi-fi dropping out and the LED notification light only working for a few minutes. Here is part of the response I received:

"Thank you Brian for contacting HTC. I'm truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues related to your WiFi as well as LED notifications on your One X. I can definitely understand how frustrating this can be and I'm more than happy to help. I would first like to have you perform what's called a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone."

I got a kick out of that.

WTF! That's ridiculous

kwsea2340

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had good luck for the past couple of days, data hasn't dropped in all the places that it usually does (mostly only happens in areas with poor reception, one of the academic buildings is behind a large hill at my school). I'm still seriously considering returning the phone and then buying it again in a month or two when this issue is fixed... I'm not sure I'm willing to take the risk of it being hardware vs software. My 30 days are up in a couple of days and AT&T is still out of stock, so I've got some serious indecisiveness to work through lol..

Also, on AndroidForums I've seen that people using the international Tegra 3 version of the phone are also experiencing the same issues...

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The default browser I figured out through app association but chrome beta runs like crap on the HOX. Very laggy. Also there is no app associations for Youtube links. Very disappointing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Try a factory reset, Chrome works amazing on my HOX, no lag at all.

scottadusa

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured out the htc one text notifications bug. its caused by att messages app. its the only visual voicemial app avaiable and it takes over the text notifications.

Uninstall the att messages app and the htc text notifications with led work again

I guess we can either have visual voicemail or text notofications but not both. this sucks!!!

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You can have Visual Voicemail, just not the easiest way possible.

Head over to XDA and download the .apk for the visual voicemail application and install it manually or use Google Voice, both seem to work fine with the notification LED.

The AT&T Messages app is garbage.