HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I had both the vivid and skyrocket both phones had visual vociemail without an additional charge. Tried the AT&T messages app but didn't like that I was getting duplicates of my texts, stock and AT&T messages. Didn't like the format of texting in the AT&T messaging app so uninstalled it for time being. Didn't say anything in the apps settings about disabling the texting through it? Anyone else using it?

adg44

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep... same here. It's made even worse because I have several calendars associated with my google account (co-workers/family) and no matter what I select in the settings, all of their events show up in my lock screen. I can't even see any of my events, because they are all blocked by these other events.

This was pissing me off too, but I figured it out. Go into personalize, then lock screen, then for the productivity lock screen, select settings and then choose which calendars you want included.

Why you have to do this twice rather than it using only the calendars selected in the main calendar app, I don't know, but at least this solves the problem.

I came across this thread while Google searching for visual voice mail. I am shocked it isn't included. I switched to this phone from my BlackBerry 9900, and while I love it so far, the no visual VM is kind of a deal breaker for me. I don't want the stupid attention messages app, either.

- Anthony

marthur13

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use Google Voice but it wont install due to some "forwarding number issue with my carrier" anyone else having this issue with Google Voice?

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Interesting... Hadn't noticed that before. It's not something I asked for, and it doesn't show up on my account online.

One thing I noticed is that under the data options, the DataPro 3GB or DataPlus 300MB plans say they don't include VVM. My plan is the LTE Smartphone Unlimited Personal Add-on.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
This was pissing me off too, but I figured it out. Go into personalize, then lock screen, then for the productivity lock screen, select settings and then choose which calendars you want included.

Why you have to do this twice rather than it using only the calendars selected in the main calendar app, I don't know, but at least this solves the problem.

I came across this thread while Google searching for visual voice mail. I am shocked it isn't included. I switched to this phone from my BlackBerry 9900, and while I love it so far, the no visual VM is kind of a deal breaker for me. I don't want the stupid attention messages app, either.

- Anthony

Thanks, but that's actually what I have been doing and doesn't work. I even tried unsyncing my google calendars entirely. I basically worked around this issue by deleting my google account from the phone and reinstalling it without syncing any calendars. Then, I set up that same google account through Exchange ActiveSync and am using that for my calendars. Working properly now.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Two more minor bugs that I've come across (let me know if anyone else is having these same issues):

1) When I receive email on the stock email app, any weblinks within the body are not click-able. In fact, none of the text is able to be copied either. I have to either reply or forward in order to be able to select the text.

2) When using the Personalized Lock Screen, all of my Google Calendars show up, regardless of the settings. Settings > Personalize > Lock screen style > Productivity - this has a separate settings tab for the display items. I can select all of my calendars or none of them, and the same calendar items will still appear.

Last edited:

mklint77

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The email link, hyperlink, url problem is because the phone comes with an email cap of 5 kb, which is text only, no metadata. Go to your settings and change your email size to unlimited. The NEXT email you receive with links will work.

I have noticed Slacker and I heart radio apps stop after each song is played. Pandora plays a few bars of a song in between songs. I haven't tried tune in radio yet. I'm guessing it's because they aren't optimised for ice cream sandwich yet.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the text messaging bug. I have been randomly missing some texts. Does everyone have this problem. I don't want to go through the trouble of exchanging the phone if all phones have this problem.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the text messaging bug. I have been randomly missing some texts. Does everyone have this problem. I don't want to go through the trouble of exchanging the phone if all phones have this problem.

Mine has been doing that as well occasionally.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Your ringtones are stored on your "sd card". When you mount the phone as a disk drive the ringtones revert to stock because they are unavailable to the system.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been doing that as well occasionally.

To clarify the texts are coming you are just not getting the notification correct, but is you go in to your messages they are there. I have had that happen also. I switched to this phone from the skyrocket because I was having texts that I never actually received. Months and months of trying various fixes ultimately gave up on that phone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced a lot of these bugs, so I'm thinking they are limited in scope. I definitely don't have the flashing screen while typing a long text bug, but the notification thing I think I know what's going on.

I've noticed that if I'm already in the messaging app and get a text that the notification goes away, even if I'm not in that particular conversation. So if I happen to not see the notification when it appears for about a second I would never know I got a text from a different person. Make sense? Is this anything like what you guys are talking about with not getting a notification?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The email link, hyperlink, url problem is because the phone comes with an email cap of 5 kb, which is text only, no metadata. Go to your settings and change your email size to unlimited. The NEXT email you receive with links will work.

I have noticed Slacker and I heart radio apps stop after each song is played. Pandora plays a few bars of a song in between songs. I haven't tried tune in radio yet. I'm guessing it's because they aren't optimised for ice cream sandwich yet.

I have played Slacker for about 10 minutes now, and it's working just fine. Pandora hasn't acted up any more than it usually does on any of the other phones I've had. :p

EDIT: Slacker just acted up for me. Hard to say if it's the phones fault or the app, though. I'm more willing to chalk it up to the app not being updated for ICS (which means it should still work just fine, so IDK what's going on LOL).

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
When I go into the Fast App Switcher (sorry if i have the wrong name) it randomly shows that maps is open yet I have never opened maps since I got the phone Sunday. Anyone else?

Pandora-I have not had any issues but I mainly use Play Music.
Wi-Fi-I have noticed that it will maintain a connection when it shouldn't. I had to add the toggle to one of my home screens to be able to turn it off quickly. However, on the plus side, my Vivid wasn't recognizing AT&T Hotspots and the One X does. So I'm happy about that.

Messaging-The only issue is i hear the text tone but occasionally don't see the message indicator on the icon.

Missed calls-I had a missed call last night. My phone didn't ring and I didn't have a notification of a missed call. My boss was not happy.