newbie question

oldskoolsc

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone since monday (so far, so good). Coming from windows lumia 900 i was wondering does the htc one x have the option to speak your text messages to you thru bluetooth?? I see u can record a text message but i dont know if it will read it to you. Thanks for any help.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone since monday (so far, so good). Coming from windows lumia 900 i was wondering does the htc one x have the option to speak your text messages to you thru bluetooth?? I see u can record a text message but i dont know if it will read it to you. Thanks for any help.

I wad wondering the samething I also used the lumia intil Wednesdaywhen I got this phone and that was one feature I loved about wp7 the ability of the os to read my txt over my car Bluetooth and let me reply with voice to txt without needing to download a third party app. I thought android could do this but have not found the option yet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Android has more functions that WP7 and iOS combined multiplied by 10x.

Don't worry about this stuff, sooner or later any function you are looking for will be available.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Android has more functions that WP7 and iOS combined multiplied by 10x.

Don't worry about this stuff, sooner or later any function you are looking for will be available.

What kind of answer is that?!?

Oh well, there is anything in Android by default to do this. But apps like Jeannie or Vlingo will do this just fine!

Reactions: oldskoolsc

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
How well does Vlingo work with Android OS? I'm using it on my iPhone 4. All it an do is dictation and mail a text message with repeated presses of specific buttons. What I value is the ability to dictate a text, gave the app read it back for review, then send the text. The app should be able to read incoming text with voice enabling. Essentially hands free texting.

Apple does this with Siri, Vlingo for Android seems to want to do this, but can it perform this way?

Last edited: