Switching to AT&T

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Im going to switch at&t in the next 2 weeks and thinking about a one x,but ive read alot everywere that with the new update made the phone brick. And the phone in general has alot of bugs. What is the range of these bugs.? I know one is wifi. Any others.? Its either the one x or s3 for me. What advantages does the s3 have other then the dropbox extra online storage and screen.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Im going to switch at&t in the next 2 weeks and thinking about a one x,but ive read alot everywere that with the new update made the phone brick. And the phone in general has alot of bugs. What is the range of these bugs.? I know one is wifi. Any others.? Its either the one x or s3 for me. What advantages does the s3 have other then the dropbox extra online storage and screen.

From what I have read in the forums (which is helpful to tool around both this one SG3) the Dropbox extra storage isn't being offered any more.

Lots of the bugs that people had on HOX fixed by updates. These are my opinion only, but in general the HOX is now cheaper and has a better screen. The S3 has expandable storage through a memory card and a removable battery. These are the strong points in a nutshell. Read details on forums and watch YouTube reviews too.

Any phone can brick with an update. The HOX just got one so that's why it's at the top of the forums. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you planning to get the Int'l version or the AT&T version? Remember the Int'l doesn't have LTE support on AT&T.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest the HOX. It's cheaper, better screen and I am biased towards Sense.
My first Android was the Evo. I loved it but got itchy for the Epic 4G. As soon as I got the Epic I missed Sense so much. I DO NOT like Touchwix. (that is preference. They are both either love/hate things for most people.)
The negative about the S3 has been reports of screen burn in and when contacted Samsung tells people to not keep screen at max brightness settings. That's a biggie. Software can be fixed OTA. Burned in screen, not so much.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ermmm,does the gsm version work with at&t.? Lol. But im getting the at&t one. And if most bugs have been fixed then one x it is. Thanks guys.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is possible the update will be on the phone when you buy. If not, have the store youre buying from do it before you walk out.

People are still getting the dropbox promo. 23g after you install the app on your one x

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone mentioned the Dropbox offering is no longer available. I got my One X a week ago and got the Dropbox space with it (AT&T HOX, not International, btw).

Reactions: Iamdunne

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

I posted the same question prior to my switch. I already had at&t but was coming from the HTC vivid. I love this device! I was able to update it just fine and have had no issue what so ever with mine. WiFi works great, chrome works great, not tab issues with mine. Go for it, you won't regret it. I have the zagg hd screen protector and the otterbox commuter case on mine. Keeps it light weight, barely even know I have a screen protector on it, but fully protected.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Go with the s3.

Only thing the one x has is a better screen.

And that's not even night and day.

If you actually use your phone throughout the day, you won't get through the day unless you're a very light user. With the gs3, at least you can order a spare battery and keep it moving!

With the gs3 you also get a memory card slot to transfer your stuff from your old phone to the new.

The gs3' s gestures are also great and very convenient.

2gb >1 gb = fact not fiction

Gs3 is slimmer
Weighs less
Bigger screen

Just a better phone overall

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Ermmm,does the gsm version work with at&t.? Lol. But im getting the at&t one. And if most bugs have been fixed then one x it is. Thanks guys.

Perfectly.

There is another forum thread about this.

Fast HSPA is more widely available than LTE in AT&T world.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have made it from 6 in the morning until I go to bed at night...no not a gamer but my husband makes fun of how much I use my phone. I agree I would have loved a removable battery like I had with my gs2 skyrocket but not offered on this phone, but for me the screen was n?mero uno.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from Sprint after 12 years(the network is HORRIBLE in Chicago) to AT&T and the One X. Got mine at Wal Mart for $79.98. Im actually in the west burbs of Chicago but holy crap the LTE is everywhere and blazing fast. Never drop calls like on Sprint. As far as the phone, for the price I like everything about it. I'm not a gamer or a majorly heavy user but still definitely put some time on my phone and I've gotten 1 day and 1 hour out of a charge with 20% battery still left. Got an update the other night without any issues. Happy I switched and am happy with the HTC One X.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Go with the s3.

Only thing the one x has is a better screen.

And that's not even night and day.

If you actually use your phone throughout the day, you won't get through the day unless you're a very light user. With the gs3, at least you can order a spare battery and keep it moving!

With the gs3 you also get a memory card slot to transfer your stuff from your old phone to the new.

The gs3' s gestures are also great and very convenient.

2gb >1 gb = fact not fiction

Gs3 is slimmer
Weighs less
Bigger screen

Just a better phone overall

View attachment 33603
So this is horrible battery life? Really?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 33603
So this is horrible battery life? Really?

What time do you need? Right at the top it shows time. I took the screen shot right before I posted it.
I'm not a light user. At all. I made calls thought the day. I streamed music from Play Music. In downloaded an app. Much more.
I agree with previous question. Have you owned a HOX? I have no problem admitting shortcomings and advantages of any device. Just make sure you know what you're talking about before you post such definitive statements.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What time do you need? Right at the top it shows time. I took the screen shot right before I posted it.
I'm not a light user. At all. I made calls thought the day. I streamed music from Play Music. In downloaded an app. Much more.
I agree with previous question. Have you owned a HOX? I have no problem admitting shortcomings and advantages of any device. Just make sure you know what you're talking about before you post such definitive statements.

I said the SCREEN TIME, not the time time.

I've had one for only a week as well as a one s, but lack of a removable battery for a heavy user is just not practical at all.

I hate being tethered to an outlet just to use my phone.

Then at&t doesn't have unlimited data anymore so using drop box could easily eat away at data limits.

Your screen time will tell me how heavy of a user you really are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer