Is this normal.?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So when im making a call my network falls back onto hspa(i know this part is normal cause at&t hasnt deployed VoLTE yet) but when i end the call i have 2-3 bars of service(this is normal) and when it switches back to lte it shoots up to 4-5 the falls down to 3-4. Is this cause of the lower frequency of the lte.? Is so then howcome it doesnt stay at 4-5 bars instead of 3.? Im not complaining or anything im just wondering.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It switches which network it reports. I'm not sure if it reports whatever the strongest signal is, or if it always defaults to LTE.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It turns LTE off and drops back to 3G whenever you are not actively sending data, in order to save battery. Since voice calls are not over LTE, I bet you are are first seeing the switch from the 3g (HSPA) to LTE radios, it realizes it doesn't need LTE, and drops down again. I don't think ATT stock shows all the switching it does between 3g and 4g, just with LTE and anything else. With some of the other ROMs that have changed the signal icons for a more... accurate representation of how many G's you are getting, it seems to switch constantly.

This may be where some of the battery voodoo is coming from.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking the only thing that's NOT normal about the whole situation is that you pay way to much attention to the bars and network while making calls, why have we gotten away from just using our phones and not nit picking every little idiosyncrasie, for those of you who are not old enough to remember, we used to have to carry around nickels, dimes, and quarters to make a call, or use the dreaded collect call!, all I'm saying is be happy about the phone, use it for what its for, and please, for the love of God, can we not have another thread of someone whining about the little stuff! (i know, it'll never happen) ...... Ahhh, there, i feel better now! How about you?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but if your not complaining, and just wondering, then google is for wondering, forums are for complaining! Lol:banghead:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the only thing that's NOT normal about the whole situation is that you pay way to much attention to the bars and network while making calls, why have we gotten away from just using our phones and not nit picking every little idiosyncrasie, for those of you who are not old enough to remember, we used to have to carry around nickels, dimes, and quarters to make a call, or use the dreaded collect call!, all I'm saying is be happy about the phone, use it for what its for, and please, for the love of God, can we not have another thread of someone whining about the little stuff! (i know, it'll never happen) ...... Ahhh, there, i feel better now! How about you?

Sorry, but if your not complaining, and just wondering, then google is for wondering, forums are for complaining! Lol:banghead:

It's a legitimate question. One which I believe was answered above. If you have nothing of relevance to add to the discussion then please don't post at all.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes sir! (walks away, head hanging down)

Nah, ignore Kevin. He likes to puff up once in a while.

Your post is spot on, needed to be said, and well within the spirit of the Forum.
(Especially when you read a lot of other posts from the same OP. He/She worries about every little thing, (sun on the screen was the last worry).

Your advice was helpful. People need to stop obsessing over every little detail. Especially when there is no evident down-side, and they are not being inconvenienced in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress