Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Leandra Wilford
  • 1 Post By Royal1982
  • 2 Post By sharonlea661
  • 2 Post By Steven A C
  • 2 Post By ualexst
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Secure Box" Problem

I saved loads of messages that were also locked to my Secure Box, but they have ALL been deleted! Even the locked ones... I don't understand it....

This is ridiculous - as this function is supposed to keep messages safe!!

Any ideas people?? x

Default Re: "Secure Box" Problem

I have the exact same problem!! Sometimes they are in the secure box, other times cant find them ANYWHERE on the phone. Also when they arent visible, if i receive a message from someone who i have a message saved a previous message in the secure box, it doesnt notify me at all about the new message. Seriously bad. Did you have any luck finding a resolution??? Or can anyone help???
    StaceySherfield likes this.

I am having the same problem, yesterday I saved a message into my "Secure box" and it totally dissapeared. Then the other day when I went into the "Secure Box" old messages popped up that I know I had deleted. This is definately not because I have too many messages saved as I delete them as I go and rarely put anything into the secure box. this is becoming pretty crazy.

Same problem. Had messages in there. Deleted threads from my main box, then when I went back to secure box that thread had gone :-(

Any suggestions ?

Hello,

I have the same problem. My SMS disappeared from my secure Box.
    Can anyone help me retrieving those SMS?

Thanks a lot,

Ive been having the same problem for months.
    HTC were clueless. Spoke to a number of support staff - most of them werent even aware of there being a Secure Box. The rest just said do a factory reset.
    V V V annoying!!
    Some special messages that I purposely placed in secure box to keep - SECURE!! All gone!
    BUT - if I go to "Search" within the "Secure Box" then search by name, there is snippets of the deleted messages, but when I tap to select them, nothing happens and it goes back to Secure Inbox. They are there somewhere...but phone cant find them

Also, If I am looking at my normal INBOX, and I go to delete a few - it deletes loads that i havent asked to delete....however, when I compose a new message to one of the people whos original message got accidentally deleted....they appear back up!!

HELP!!!

V V V ANnoying!!
    Same thing happens to mine.
    HTC support were clueless too!
    Any suggestions most welcomed!

I'm having the same problem. I'd like to get my messages back, they're very important! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well that happened to me too, my secure box disappeared altogether. :/
    I had a third-party messaging app installed, Contacts+, and I don't know how but all those messages that were locked and in the secure box were visible when I opened the thread for the same person in the that app.
    So now I'm taking a screenshot of all the messages that I want to preserve and then will take a backup, and that's what I'll be doing form now onwards.
    Try installing Contacts+ and see if it works for you.
    I am using the HTC One S with Sense 4+ and Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I had the same problem. I think it has something to do with using Facebook Messenger and/or Chat Heads for SMS messages. When I disable Facebook as my SMS tool the secure box works normally. I unfortunately couldn't recover the messages I lost before I made that setting change though.

Arrow Re: "Secure Box" Problem

The first thing I would suggest is do a complete backup of all SMS (use an app), then copy the memory of your phone identically. Try a restore and then just re-copy the messages and see if that helps. Does it? Most likely an app that has access to SMS.

I have not had this issue, but played around with custom SMS handlers and noted a few issues, nothing as far as deletion. In all of your above cases there needs to be a common link- bad software? Unlikely, thousands of people use this. What phone are you using, root/mods? But yes, I would use something to backup SMS on perhaps a daily routine. Perhaps find the directory of the SMS, and use Tasker/AutoMateIt to create a script to copy data from there elsewhere, and then upload etc.

In the even that this has issues, use a third party SMS client for secure SMS. I do have a question however....anyone know how to default SMS from a contact to securebox?