Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC One? Unlocked??

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a HTC One? Unlocked phone from HTC website. I'm on straight talk. Was that the right choice? So far I'm very happy with straight talk with my T-mobile compatible sim. I don't miss LTE. Anyway, did I order the correct phone?

Any techies know ?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have the 1900 refarmed band in your area then you are good for 3g/HSPA. If not then you'll only get 2g. If LTE is available in your area then you are good there. So basically the unlocked in compatible with all Att bands. But T-Mobile is updating their networks to basically be the same as att.

I'm in the same boat as you but I do have the 1900 available in my area so I'm good. The below in an unofficial coverage map if the 1900 band.

http://www.airportal.de

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am in a good area, Philadelphia. In your opinion, should I trade my sim in for a ATT compatible sim? Also, you state LTE, will straight talk work on LTE network? I thought it would only work with HSPA+? as the highest speed. Let me know if I'm missing somehting? Would love to have LTE speeds.

If you have the 1900 refarmed band in your area then you are good for 3g/HSPA. If not then you'll only get 2g. If LTE is available in your area then you are good there. So basically the unlocked in compatible with all Att bands. But T-Mobile is updating their networks to basically be the same as att.

I'm in the same boat as you but I do have the 1900 available in my area so I'm good. The below in an unofficial coverage map if the 1900 band.

Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am in a good area, Philadelphia. In your opinion, should I trade my sim in for a ATT compatible sim? Also, you state LTE, will straight talk work on LTE network? I thought it would only work with HSPA+? as the highest speed. Let me know if I'm missing somehting? Would love to have LTE speeds.

Straight talk will NOT work with at&t. I want the DE version bad but the whole only 1900 scares me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

What I meant was that the unlocked one will be compatible with T-Mobile LTE. Now whether T-Mobile will let MNVOs like straight talk use it is a different story. We will have to see about that. If they let them then you'll be fine. Now I'm not sure about getting an att compatible sim because it looks like many of the MNVOs are pushing customers to T-Mobile compatible sims because att is starting to cut the data that those customers can use. They have already been throttling but it looks like the companies don't want to deal with att anymore or att is breaking ties. So you can get one now if you can find one but you may have to switch eventually.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
What I meant was that the unlocked one will be compatible with T-Mobile LTE. Now whether T-Mobile will let MNVOs like straight talk use it is a different story. We will have to see about that. If they let them then you'll be fine. Now I'm not sure about getting an att compatible sim because it looks like many of the MNVOs are pushing customers to T-Mobile compatible sims because att is starting to cut the data that those customers can use. They have already been throttling but it looks like the companies don't want to deal with att anymore or att is breaking ties. So you can get one now if you can find one but you may have to switch eventually.

Yes the unlocked version works with T-Mobiles LTE.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked version also works with AT&T's LTE bands

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know this as well. Just for the record guys I am fully aware of which bands the unlocked versions will work on. Thanks though.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Straight talk will NOT work with at&t. I want the DE version bad but the whole only 1900 scares me.

Yeah hopefully the 1900 will be in most places in the next few months. I believe they said it'll be fully deployed by the end of the year. I am just lucky that my market has it already updated. I really think T-Mobile is aiming directly at att customers by saying "we use the same freq as they do so bring your phones here for cheaper service".

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No prob. Sorry. Was just throwing it out there.

No worries. My response was directed mostly at T-Mobile since the OP mentioned it in the beginning. For summary...

Unlocked version will work:

Edge for both.
All att bands for 3g/HSPA/LTE
T-Mobile 3g/hspa 1900 band and LTE band.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No worries. My response was directed mostly at T-Mobile since the OP mentioned it in the beginning. For summary...

Unlocked version will work:

Edge for both.
All att bands for 3g/HSPA/LTE
T-Mobile 3g/hspa 1900 band and LTE band.

Nice. I didn't know that the unlocked version works with ALL AT&T bands. So it's basically the exact same phone that AT&T is selling in store.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah hopefully the 1900 will be in most places in the next few months. I believe they said it'll be fully deployed by the end of the year. I am just lucky that my market has it already updated. I really think T-Mobile is aiming directly at att customers by saying "we use the same freq as they do so bring your phones here for cheaper service".

Is T-Mobile moving to the 1900 everywhere they have HSPA? I thought it was only in a few places. I don't recall them saying they are going to phase out 1700/2100 hspa and use 1900? I know they are using some of that 1700 for LTE.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is T-Mobile moving to the 1900 everywhere they have HSPA? I thought it was only in a few places. I don't recall them saying they are going to phase out 1700/2100 hspa and use 1900? I know they are using some of that 1700 for LTE.

As far as I know the goal is to have 1900 everywhere they have 3g/hspa service so they won't have these gaps and they'll be able to support GSM phones like att. Couple articles and I believe T-Mobile even said they are looking to refarm the entire spectrum by the end of this year. And I think to use LTE on the 1700 going forward.

http://androidandme.com/2012/12/car...-new-metro-areas-to-4g-hspa-on-1900-mhz-band/

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/4GNetworkEvolutionVendorsSelected

Scottyl41

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the unlocked htc 32gb one. They were sold out of the t-mobile one. Will I be able to recieve 4g? I have a lg g2x that does. If the HTC wont then I need to cancel it.