Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    I just ordered a HTC OneŽ Unlocked phone from HTC website. I'm on straight talk. Was that the right choice? So far I'm very happy with straight talk with my T-mobile compatible sim. I don't miss LTE. Anyway, did I order the correct phone?

    Any techies know ?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    If you have the 1900 refarmed band in your area then you are good for 3g/HSPA. If not then you'll only get 2g. If LTE is available in your area then you are good there. So basically the unlocked in compatible with all Att bands. But T-Mobile is updating their networks to basically be the same as att.

    I'm in the same boat as you but I do have the 1900 available in my area so I'm good. The below in an unofficial coverage map if the 1900 band.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    I am in a good area, Philadelphia. In your opinion, should I trade my sim in for a ATT compatible sim? Also, you state LTE, will straight talk work on LTE network? I thought it would only work with HSPA+? as the highest speed. Let me know if I'm missing somehting? Would love to have LTE speeds.

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    If you have the 1900 refarmed band in your area then you are good for 3g/HSPA. If not then you'll only get 2g. If LTE is available in your area then you are good there. So basically the unlocked in compatible with all Att bands. But T-Mobile is updating their networks to basically be the same as att.

    I'm in the same boat as you but I do have the 1900 available in my area so I'm good. The below in an unofficial coverage map if the 1900 band.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by danielkogan View Post
    I am in a good area, Philadelphia. In your opinion, should I trade my sim in for a ATT compatible sim? Also, you state LTE, will straight talk work on LTE network? I thought it would only work with HSPA+? as the highest speed. Let me know if I'm missing somehting? Would love to have LTE speeds.
    Straight talk will NOT work with at&t. I want the DE version bad but the whole only 1900 scares me.
    United States Air Force
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by danielkogan View Post
    I am in a good area, Philadelphia. In your opinion, should I trade my sim in for a ATT compatible sim? Also, you state LTE, will straight talk work on LTE network? I thought it would only work with HSPA+? as the highest speed. Let me know if I'm missing somehting? Would love to have LTE speeds.
    What I meant was that the unlocked one will be compatible with T-Mobile LTE. Now whether T-Mobile will let MNVOs like straight talk use it is a different story. We will have to see about that. If they let them then you'll be fine. Now I'm not sure about getting an att compatible sim because it looks like many of the MNVOs are pushing customers to T-Mobile compatible sims because att is starting to cut the data that those customers can use. They have already been throttling but it looks like the companies don't want to deal with att anymore or att is breaking ties. So you can get one now if you can find one but you may have to switch eventually.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    What I meant was that the unlocked one will be compatible with T-Mobile LTE. Now whether T-Mobile will let MNVOs like straight talk use it is a different story. We will have to see about that. If they let them then you'll be fine. Now I'm not sure about getting an att compatible sim because it looks like many of the MNVOs are pushing customers to T-Mobile compatible sims because att is starting to cut the data that those customers can use. They have already been throttling but it looks like the companies don't want to deal with att anymore or att is breaking ties. So you can get one now if you can find one but you may have to switch eventually.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Yes the unlocked version works with T-Mobiles LTE.
    United States Air Force
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Yes the unlocked version works with T-Mobiles LTE.
    Yes I know.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yes I know.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Unlocked version also works with AT&T's LTE bands


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    Unlocked version also works with AT&T's LTE bands


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I know this as well. Just for the record guys I am fully aware of which bands the unlocked versions will work on. Thanks though.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    I know this as well. Just for the record guy I am fully aware of which bands the unlocked versions will work on. Thanks though.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No prob. Sorry. Was just throwing it out there.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Straight talk will NOT work with at&t. I want the DE version bad but the whole only 1900 scares me.
    Yeah hopefully the 1900 will be in most places in the next few months. I believe they said it'll be fully deployed by the end of the year. I am just lucky that my market has it already updated. I really think T-Mobile is aiming directly at att customers by saying "we use the same freq as they do so bring your phones here for cheaper service".

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    No prob. Sorry. Was just throwing it out there.
    No worries. My response was directed mostly at T-Mobile since the OP mentioned it in the beginning. For summary...

    Unlocked version will work:

    Edge for both.
    All att bands for 3g/HSPA/LTE
    T-Mobile 3g/hspa 1900 band and LTE band.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    No worries. My response was directed mostly at T-Mobile since the OP mentioned it in the beginning. For summary...

    Unlocked version will work:

    Edge for both.
    All att bands for 3g/HSPA/LTE
    T-Mobile 3g/hspa 1900 band and LTE band.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nice. I didn't know that the unlocked version works with ALL AT&T bands. So it's basically the exact same phone that AT&T is selling in store.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    Nice. I didn't know that the unlocked version works with ALL AT&T bands. So it's basically the exact same phone that AT&T is selling in store.
    Yes pretty much. Except no carrier bloat, updates from HTC.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yes pretty much. Except no carrier bloat, updates from HTC.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Which makes it even sweeter.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yeah hopefully the 1900 will be in most places in the next few months. I believe they said it'll be fully deployed by the end of the year. I am just lucky that my market has it already updated. I really think T-Mobile is aiming directly at att customers by saying "we use the same freq as they do so bring your phones here for cheaper service".

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Is T-Mobile moving to the 1900 everywhere they have HSPA? I thought it was only in a few places. I don't recall them saying they are going to phase out 1700/2100 hspa and use 1900? I know they are using some of that 1700 for LTE.
    United States Air Force
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Is T-Mobile moving to the 1900 everywhere they have HSPA? I thought it was only in a few places. I don't recall them saying they are going to phase out 1700/2100 hspa and use 1900? I know they are using some of that 1700 for LTE.
    As far as I know the goal is to have 1900 everywhere they have 3g/hspa service so they won't have these gaps and they'll be able to support GSM phones like att. Couple articles and I believe T-Mobile even said they are looking to refarm the entire spectrum by the end of this year. And I think to use LTE on the 1700 going forward.





    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    I just ordered the unlocked htc 32gb one. They were sold out of the t-mobile one. Will I be able to recieve 4g? I have a lg g2x that does. If the HTC wont then I need to cancel it.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Straight talk will NOT work with at&t. I want the DE version bad but the whole only 1900 scares me.
    I thought Straight Talk is a MVNO of ATT
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniteloop7 View Post
    I thought Straight Talk is a MVNO of ATT
    Sorry LTE should have been after AT&T. Come to think of it though, isn't straight talking killing off the AT&T sim cards already?
    United States Air Force
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniteloop7 View Post
    I thought Straight Talk is a MVNO of ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Sorry LTE should have been after AT&T. Come to think of it though, isn't straight talking killing off the AT&T sim cards already?
    Yes it is but they've been migrating to T-Mobile. Check out their site. They have several things going on for users to bring their T-Mobile phones. Net10 is doing it as well. I think att been cracking down on the data usage and these companies are moving so they can still offer the services because tmobile isn't as strict at the moment.

    You can still get att compatible sims online at like eBay or amazon but it looks like they aren't selling them directly anymore. And you can most likely expect throttling as well. Net10 already posted that as of march 1st users with att sims will be hard capped at 1.5 gigs and are offering to switch over to T-Mobile.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyl41 View Post
    I just ordered the unlocked htc 32gb one. They were sold out of the t-mobile one. Will I be able to recieve 4g? I have a lg g2x that does. If the HTC wont then I need to cancel it.
    If the 1900 band is in your area then you will receive 3g/hspa. If not then no. Your G2X is compatible with the 1700 band so that's why it gets it. If LTE is in your area then you should be fine there as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Aside from the whole updates and bloatware(oh and the freaking no 64gb!), I still believe an unlocked T-Mobile One is the best of all of them. Although im still considering getting that DE 64GB model. It would suck to have a $650 phone and be stuck on EDGE!
    United States Air Force
    scorpiodsu likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    Aside from the whole updates and bloatware(oh and the freaking no 64gb!), I still believe an unlocked T-Mobile One is the best of all of them.
    Agreed. Full functionality on either network.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini


    The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    turb0wned likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Straight Talk & HTC One - Best option - HTC OneŽ Unlocked??

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Agreed. Full functionality on either network.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Wouldn't the 32GB unlocked One also provide full functionality on either network?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One X on Straight Talk
    By Magtx5 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
  2. Neeed help with Straight Talk on HTC One X
    By ownmorfeet in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
  3. HTC Google Nexus One no data or MMS on Straight talk
    By Cami Talboy in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
  4. Htc One X on Straight Talk
    By Biggie7297 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 03:14 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B