Verizon HTC One is coming

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to a Verizon salesperson in regards to their version of the HTC One. He said an HTC Rep came in a few days prior talking this up. It will be a DNA branded device, however sport all the same internals and features as the One. It should also be aluminum unibody.
Time frame of "soon" as is usually the case. We agreed probably a month or two.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Please please please don't name it HTC One Droid or One DNA or something stupid like that. At least get rid of the One brand name for the Verizon version, if they're bent upon using the DNA or Droid name.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
DROID branding is the worst thing to ever happen to Android, ever.

If I ever see a phone with the Droid name in front of it, I immediately know to stay the hell away. All the name means these days is that Verizon stuffed in every piece of bloat and branding they could throw at it.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Really? If it weren't for Verizon's Droid branding, Android wouldn't have grown as quickly as it has

This is true because Verizon was behind Android while AT&T was heavily pushing the iPhone. I'm not a fan of the Droid brand but Verizon played a huge part in getting Android out there because Sprint and T-mobile wasn't going to be able to do it and AT&T had little reason....... and I had an Incredible too! Oh yea, I don't believe reps either LOL.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
This is true because Verizon was behind Android while AT&T was heavily pushing the iPhone. I'm not a fan of the Droid brand but Verizon played a huge part in getting Android out there because Sprint and T-mobile wasn't going to be able to do it and AT&T had little reason....... and I had an Incredible too! Oh yea, I don't believe reps either LOL.

yup, Verizon didn't have the iPhone and man they had the absolute worst phone selection. AT&T was killing it w/ the iPhone so Verizon was smart to push Android. I dont trust reps either, btw, but have you guys seen this: Seems like more and more rumors are popping up like the one in this article. Rumor has it, as mentioned by the OP, the DNA will be Verizon HTC One. DNA 2 perhaps. Might be cool if its black w/ red accents.

Verizon HTC One Could Be Supercharged

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
yup, Verizon didn't have the iPhone and man they had the absolute worst phone selection. AT&T was killing it w/ the iPhone so Verizon was smart to push Android. I dont trust reps either, btw, but have you guys seen this: Seems like more and more rumors are popping up like the one in this article. Rumor has it, as mentioned by the OP, the DNA will be Verizon HTC One. DNA 2 perhaps. Might be cool if its black w/ red accents.

Verizon HTC One Could Be Supercharged

I think most people expect Verizon to get a device similar to the one with some differences here and there and branding but specs very similar. I wouldn't be surprised. Verizon skipped the HTC One X last year and got the DNA so I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped the One and got something else.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
DNA Plus was what the rep told the salespeople. From the description is almost exactly the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope this is true. Would it at least resemble the One in appearance? I really wanted the white version...

rumors are speculating it will be the same size, resolution, etc. but knowing verizon it will probably have styling like the droid dna. who knows, it might be a 5 inch lcd with a bigger battery? it's anyone's guess at this point. but they are having an event on May 22, and I would assume they will be annoucning some devices which will probably include an HTC One variant.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Love my daughter's One, we were playing with IR sensor yesterday and it's cool. Would love the next DNA to be 32GB, wireless charging (Have 2 LG Qi chargers I bought for my son's N4) 5in 1080P screen. I'm looking at the DNA now on CL trying to find a nice deal but my Gnex is still great, longest smartphone I've ever had. Looks like I'm waiting some more on DNA2, if it doesn't then I'll look at S4 on CL and hopefully some nice ROMs are out for that by then,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress