HTC One charging intermittently

smartmove

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed another issues on my unbranded HTC One since the 4.4.2 update. It appears to charge intermittently. When I plug the jack in sometimes the battery icon changes to charging and the little red light comes on but then it will stop charging before it gets to full. Also sometimes when I plug the jack in it doesnt start to charge at all. I don't think it's a physical hardware issue because if I switch the phone off it will charge without issue. Has to be software...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
IMO it's the cable. I've had some buggy cables and with the LED being so dim now I think it would be easy to look at it and see it charging then when laid down the cable moves just a little and then it stops charging. As for why it may seem to charge more reliably when powered down I don't have answer for that except maybe where the phone sits or how it sits when you put it to charge.? Still feels like a cable.

Posted via Android Central App

smartmove

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I swapped the cable and the same issue was occurring. I had another issue with the speakerphone defaulting to on and the fix for that was to remove/disable Chrome. I did this and stuck with the stock HTC browser and since then no issue with charging or speakerphone defaulting to on. Seems that pesky Chrome (or a specific update for Chrome) has a lot to answer for! :)

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed another issues on my unbranded HTC One since the 4.4.2 update. It appears to charge intermittently. When I plug the jack in sometimes the battery icon changes to charging and the little red light comes on but then it will stop charging before it gets to full. Also sometimes when I plug the jack in it doesnt start to charge at all. I don't think it's a physical hardware issue because if I switch the phone off it will charge without issue. Has to be software...

Was happening to me. I got a replacement havent seen the issue since, mine would stop charging randomly while plugged in with the led light on, tried everything from factory reset to battery calibration. And I don't think its 4.4.2 causing it cause I had the issue on 4.3 and 4.4.2

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app