Log of phone activities

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any kind of log that is kept somewhere on the phone when things happen? Like time when turned on, put into sleep mode, when latest email push took place, when various apps run on their own...?

I'd be curious to see what's happening...when I'm not looking!!

Kurt

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
In the system / develop option settings, you can turn on a type of logging, but if there's a full system log, I haven't found it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Oi, you're right; that's what I get for trying to troubleshoot while at work!

I was remembering an app I'd downloaded that would capture logging on apps. I don't remember if a syslog was accessible, but it was neat looking through the event logs belonging to Netflix. I'll try to find the name of this app if you're interested.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forum

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I was looking for more of a system log.

I'm still curious about the power use display that shows that the phone is awake while the phone is turned off overnight. I'm beginning to think it's bad programming! When the phone is shut off, the last piece of information the system has is that the phone is awake. When the phone is next turned on, the newest piece of information is that the phone is awake. The software knows to connect the two data points and assumes that the phone is awake in between, and draws a green bar over the entire off period.

Unless I can talk to the Android ICS programmer, I'm probably just going to have to let it go.

Kurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19