htc holiday rumored at&t device

vandy56

May 27, 2011
Visit site
And how about for the HTC Lead? It was announce along with the Holiday and seems to be very comparable to the Sensation. Any news on that?

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have heard for a summer release of the Holiday too. Hopefully the name doesn't mean we have to wait till the holidays. :p The specs are similar to the inspire I believe with one of the differences being a 1.2 ghz dual core.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i wish this would come out sooner. theres no official word on it yet and i was hoping it would come around july. bummer. i need a new phone by july 1. i guess its the atrix although i really like htc..

dubious1

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I was chatting with AT&T tonight via their sales chat and I asked the guy about the Holiday and when it was coming out. He said he didn't see anything in the systems, but said that he has seen it leaked online (like all of us) and that AT&T should have it 1-2 months.
I wish I would have saved and posted the chat, but I was at work and was in a rush. Take it for what it's worth, but if that's the case, I have no problem holding out for it, as my contract expires in November and I have an early upgrade.
I can't wait to unload my iPhone 4 and move onto an Android phone, and I think the Holiday will be the one for me.

Thunder God

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I will be kind of annoyed if this launched anytime soon. I purchased the HTC Inspire when it came out and now I'm hearing of this phone? Wack. >:C

~Sovereign

return it. even if holiday does not come, the samsung galaxy s 2 is coming and now the sensation is coming to canada with att friendly bands.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pocketnow reports on a htc device coming to at&t called holiday. It has a 4.5 inch screen, two 8 megapixel cameras on the back, 1.3 up front along with 1.2ghz dual core processor, 1gb of RAM and qHD screen. I am assuming this is going to be a 3D device since it has the 2 cameras around back.
I've been reading every rumor I can find on this phone. I'm a current Berry Bold 9700 user. My friends all have android phones, mostly (them what ain't fruit fans, LOL). My wife just got an Inspire at my recommendation, and I can't wait for my upgrade to come up at the end of October. I looked at the Atrix but ditched that idea due to Motoblur. The other ones I'm looking at are the Galaxy S2 and the LG Thrive, but, from what I'm seeing rumored about the Holiday, this is the one I want. Most of my android user friends have HTC's and I like what I see about them. Come on, AT&T, get with the program and get us the Holiday!!

Reactions: iron mongoose

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I love the sound of this phone. I really want a newer dual core device. I've been drooling over the Sensation. I love HTC and Sense. I've had a Nexus, HTC, Samsung & LG. So I've used most of the major manufacturer skins and vanilla Android. I much, much, much prefer Sense. I would get this in a heartbeat. :cool:

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading every rumor I can find on this phone. I'm a current Berry Bold 9700 user. My friends all have android phones, mostly (them what ain't fruit fans, LOL). My wife just got an Inspire at my recommendation, and I can't wait for my upgrade to come up at the end of October. I looked at the Atrix but ditched that idea due to Motoblur. The other ones I'm looking at are the Galaxy S2 and the LG Thrive, but, from what I'm seeing rumored about the Holiday, this is the one I want. Most of my android user friends have HTC's and I like what I see about them. Come on, AT&T, get with the program and get us the Holiday!!

Same here. I'm waiting for the Holiday and I have a Bold 9700. I really want a bigger screen and I've heard really good things about the Inspire and I figure the Holiday will be just as good, hopefully better.

I'm still interested in the Atrix and I currently have an upgrade to use (since 6/19) but I'm hanging on to it b/c I feel there are some really good devices about to hit the market this Summer and Fall. I was thinking about getting the Atrix and then returning it within 30 days if the Holiday came out by then. But I don't know if the Holiday will in fact come out that soon. If it doesn't, then I'm stuck with the Atrix. So I'm trying to be patient and will wait for now.

The other thing I've been thinking about, although it's not going to be available for maybe a year from now, is QNX for BlackBerry. They bought the company (QNX) and said they will be using this technology in their upcoming devices!!! By then others will have quad-core processors. Even then, if BB can harness the power of the QNX software in their devices - this could be a HUGE game changer for them and everyone else. I will go right back to BlackBerry. I can't see Apple and Google even competing with it...IF it is done properly.

Decisions, decisions. At least QNX is still a far ways away - or is it? Either way, I don't mind playing around with an HTC Holiday until the QNX technology gets sorted out. This stuff is really powerful btw and would make mobile devices more powerful than PC's! About time...it will be 2012 soon and I would have guessed this stuff would be advancing far quicker than it is.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really can't wait for this phone. The Optimus sounds tempting, but I'd rather have htc and sense. I love what they did to android. I think LG's skin is kind of ugly, I wish LG would launch the 3D with stock android like the G2x.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I'm waiting for the Holiday and I have a Bold 9700. I really want a bigger screen and I've heard really good things about the Inspire and I figure the Holiday will be just as good, hopefully better.

I'm still interested in the Atrix and I currently have an upgrade to use (since 6/19) but I'm hanging on to it b/c I feel there are some really good devices about to hit the market this Summer and Fall. I was thinking about getting the Atrix and then returning it within 30 days if the Holiday came out by then. But I don't know if the Holiday will in fact come out that soon. If it doesn't, then I'm stuck with the Atrix. So I'm trying to be patient and will wait for now.

The other thing I've been thinking about, although it's not going to be available for maybe a year from now, is QNX for BlackBerry. They bought the company (QNX) and said they will be using this technology in their upcoming devices!!! By then others will have quad-core processors. Even then, if BB can harness the power of the QNX software in their devices - this could be a HUGE game changer for them and everyone else. I will go right back to BlackBerry. I can't see Apple and Google even competing with it...IF it is done properly.

Decisions, decisions. At least QNX is still a far ways away - or is it? Either way, I don't mind playing around with an HTC Holiday until the QNX technology gets sorted out. This stuff is really powerful btw and would make mobile devices more powerful than PC's! About time...it will be 2012 soon and I would have guessed this stuff would be advancing far quicker than it is.

I am not at all impressed with what I am seeing from RIM. Even the new stuff looks like same old same old. HTC, Samsung and LG seem to have the best handle on the non - fruit (Apple) market. Moto hamstrings itself with its gawful blur UI. RIM and Nokia are trying to stay relevant and not go the way of Palm (since swallowed up by HP). Of the leading three, I like what HTC does with its phones, and, if Holiday fulfills the rumors and leaks surrounding it, I'll wait (and suffer with my snail - slow Berry) until I can get it.