All about Incredible batteries (Replacements, Charging..ect)

antizac

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I found a great deal on ebay for anyone wanting some extra batteries cheap. 2 batteries and a charger for $12.00 US. Clearly the batteries were made for the Droid Eris (as it say so on the batteries themselves) which are a perfect match for the Incredible as well.

2x BATTERY + CHARGER FOR VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250638768434 end time Jun-23-10 18:17:56 PDT)

I thought for 12 bux (free shipping!) I had to give them a try. I can report that the batteries perform as well (if not better) than the stock battery and the charger can plug into the wall socket directly or via a (n unsupplied) standard usb cable. Very happy with this purchase even after spending 40 dollars on an extended life battery on Amazon.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just for fun, I charged my phone to 100% yesterday at 3pm. Used it very lightly since then (some podcast, some calls). and it just got to 20% at 11:45am today.

So for light use, the 1750 will give you 21 hrs. 100% to 20%. I could probably squeeze a few more hours until 0, but I need to have the phone working later today, so I'm gonna put it on the charger now.

-Beef5stew

Thanks!

With light use on mine (HTC everything not synching, google everything syncing) I can get about 40 hours. I would say also about 30 hours normal use. And 15-20 hours heavy use. I think my high for uptime was like 7.5-8 hours (I reset the phone ever full charge to see how its going in this aspect).

wplantz

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Extended battery options

I have been checking the HTCPedia store and they are now taking pre-orders for the 2150mAh battery. It says it will ship 7/6 but order now because after I pre-ordered it said only 44 available. And you can return for 45 days if you end up not wanting it b/c of the extra thickness. I ordered it because I don't want to not have the option of having it come July :)

HTC Droid Incredible 2150mAh Extended Battery & Door

Another good option is the Seidio 1750 mAh which sells for $41 on Amazon and is the same thickness as the stock battery.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris to Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been checking the HTCPedia store and they are now taking pre-orders for the 2150mAh battery. It says it will ship 7/6 but order now because after I pre-ordered it said only 44 available. And you can return for 45 days if you end up not wanting it b/c of the extra thickness. I ordered it because I don't want to not have the option of having it come July :)

HTC Droid Incredible 2150mAh Extended Battery & Door

Another good option is the Seidio 1750 mAh which sells for $41 on Amazon and is the same thickness as the stock battery.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris to Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

Damn... $80 for the 2150mah from HTCPedia... I will hold my breath and get mine for around $40 from Verizon. Yay for corporate discounts.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I always find my battery dies on me when I most need the phone and I never remember to bring my charger with me to work! I'm only new to HTC so not an expert, are there extension batteries, longer life batteries etc available??

Yes there are. Please refer to the many previous posts on this thread.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I found a great deal on ebay for anyone wanting some extra batteries cheap. 2 batteries and a charger for $12.00 US. Clearly the batteries were made for the Droid Eris (as it say so on the batteries themselves) which are a perfect match for the Incredible as well.

2x BATTERY + CHARGER FOR VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250638768434 end time Jun-23-10 18:17:56 PDT)

I thought for 12 bux (free shipping!) I had to give them a try. I can report that the batteries perform as well (if not better) than the stock battery and the charger can plug into the wall socket directly or via a (n unsupplied) standard usb cable. Very happy with this purchase even after spending 40 dollars on an extended life battery on Amazon.

WOW. I'm happy you had good luck with this! A previous poster in this thread got this, or similar deal from eBay, and had little good to say about batteries. Not sure of charger.

Post some details for us, please.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to those who reported feedback on the 1750 mAh several times. :)
I think it'll do well enough, & ordered it - $41 at Amazon. Won't ship until June 7, though, even though it's "in stock." O well.

The stock battery life sucks. I was in a holding pattern somewhere today, and I could have used the wi-fi to surf the web, play games, etc. Had to hold back, though, cuz I knew my battery would've been dead before I could recharge. Looking forward to that not being a problem again. :)

thenewnoise

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

I just ordered this too. For $12 its worth a shot.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I'm not sure it's a bug. I think the phone just stops charging when it's full, like the Samsung Omnia.

yeah i know what you mean. i use the term bug loosely haha. it could very well be that the phone is setup to prevent a possible overcharge. who knows haha
Just for fun, I charged my phone to 100% yesterday at 3pm. Used it very lightly since then (some podcast, some calls). and it just got to 20% at 11:45am today.

So for light use, the 1750 will give you 21 hrs. 100% to 20%. I could probably squeeze a few more hours until 0, but I need to have the phone working later today, so I'm gonna put it on the charger now.

-Beef5stew

LOL ur experiments entertain me. i got mine in the mail today so i'll be buliding that up to be my primary. By building i mean the initial 8 hour charge followed but the 5-6 cycles...as if this was work. hahaha

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Damn... $80 for the 2150mah from HTCPedia... I will hold my breath and get mine for around $40 from Verizon. Yay for corporate discounts.

i might eventually get this now that i know there is an HTC one and it comes with a legit battery door. I like that. But maybe not, i havent even had time to try out my 1750 seido i just got in the mail today. we'll see how the next week or so goes :)

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I am officially "happy" with this battery. after charging it up full yesterday, I went to the gym and watched movies for 2 hours. Followed by Internet radio, and some games b4 bed. Left it off the charger, and am now sitting here with 47% juice left. I don't want to stick it back on my charger until it gets less than 20%, but this is taking FOREVER!! What a great problem to have!

-beefstew

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
yeah i know what you mean. i use the term bug loosely haha. it could very well be that the phone is setup to prevent a possible overcharge. who knows haha

And this comment here is what I've been thinking about quite a bit lately... I do the "bump charge" almost daily... Does anyone think this may have a negative effect on the battery? I mean, after all, this procedure is tecnically "overcharging" the battery when you think about it...

Nicholbert#AC

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I am officially "happy" with this battery. after charging it up full yesterday, I went to the gym and watched movies for 2 hours. Followed by Internet radio, and some games b4 bed. Left it off the charger, and am now sitting here with 47% juice left. I don't want to stick it back on my charger until it gets less than 20%, but this is taking FOREVER!! What a great problem to have!

-beefstew

Which battery did you get? I am finding the battery takes a long time to charge to 100%, so I am just trying to flip through some of the posts here to see what I can do to extend/preserve the battery life while using it on a regular basis.

Eloquence

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I use desktop charger with OEM TP2 1500 mAh battery

Hi everyone, here are my stats using a HTC TouchPro2 1500mAh OEM battery for the TP2 but in the Incredible of course:

I removed the battery from the desktop charger and installed it into my phone just after 7am yesterday morning (June 2nd 2010):

UpTime: 28:03:07
AwakeTime: 6:49:37
Battery %:3 %
Wifi: On (Only on for 10 hours or os)
GPS: On
Bluetooth: Off

Unplugged time: 1 day 4 hrs 2 mins 51 secs
  • Cell standby: 32%
  • Phone idle: 30%
  • Android system: 19%
  • Voice Calls: 6%
  • Display: 6%
  • Wifi: 5%
  • Dialer: 2%

My usage pattern: light to moderate usage for me. Basically a fairly even mix of reading emails (30), calls (25 mins), texts (20), android market downloads (2 apps), uz media player background videos (2 hours), listened to a couple audio podkasts, used touiteur for about 30 minutes, listened to music for about an hour, and composed a couple of emails throughout the day.

Wow. This completely destroyed my stock battery. I am VERY impressed. :D
-Elo

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
And this comment here is what I've been thinking about quite a bit lately... I do the "bump charge" almost daily... Does anyone think this may have a negative effect on the battery? I mean, after all, this procedure is tecnically "overcharging" the battery when you think about it...

This is EXACTLY what I just came to this thread to ask... anyone think this will effect the overall life of the battery?

I guess my mindset is, I may as well get as much use out of the stock battery as I can before I purchase the extended... right? Bump charging couldn't possibly hurt the device, could it?!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
This is EXACTLY what I just came to this thread to ask... anyone think this will effect the overall life of the battery?

I guess my mindset is, I may as well get as much use out of the stock battery as I can before I purchase the extended... right? Bump charging couldn't possibly hurt the device, could it?!

Can't see how it could - you are essentilaly just charging the phone until it's internal monitor says the battery is full.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I've noticed the past couple days that instead of bump charging I've just used the phone a bit in the morning or just unplug it an hour or more before I get up. Then its down to like 93% - 95% (of non use, normal bs) I plug in again and keep it there till I leave, approx 30 - 45 min. All while keeping the phone on and only once. It holds 100% for a while and holds a little stronger all day.

winston856

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the bump charging is slightly annoying, hoping it gets addressed in froyo. I pull it off the wall charger in the morning, turn the phone off and charge it in my car on my drive to work. Seems to work out but it would be nice not to have to do this!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the bump charging is slightly annoying, hoping it gets addressed in froyo. I pull it off the wall charger in the morning, turn the phone off and charge it in my car on my drive to work. Seems to work out but it would be nice not to have to do this!

I don't think it's a bug. I think your phone stops charging when it is full in order to not over-charge. And it doesn't charge again until you either reboot your phone or un-plug / re-plug it it.

I very seriously doubt it is going to be addressed in a new rom.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it (until proved otherwise) :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk