Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 135
Like Tree30Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedRabbit View Post
    The G2 is a better S4. It has a bigger screen, bigger battery, better processor... there's a lot of little things that are 'better'. But, put it side by side with an S4 and there are many average customers who would easily think it was a Samsung phone.

    Finally, there's just way too much going on with the G2. I mean I thought the S4 was loaded up the **** with options. LG takes it to a whole new level. It's a cluster bomb of settings and options. So many in fact you'll miss many of them and not even know they are there.

    Like I said, that isn't to say the G2 is a bad product, but it does explain why a critic would have a hard time with it. If LG came back next year with a G3 that redesigned their UX to not be so much of a Touchwiz clone you might see some better scores. Until then, it'll always play second fiddle to Samsung because LG is making it too obvious that they only care about beating Samsung by "being" Samsung.
    The fact that the G2 has the biggest screen and best battery compared to its size on the market isn't intriguing? People like to rave about the droid maxx, but it has a 1" smaller screen.

    Would't you rather had a lot of settings that you can choose to use/not use, as opposed to not even having the customization available to you without rooting? Having the phone about a week now, its really not a "cluster bomb."
  2. #52  
    tp2386's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeverts View Post
    After a side by side comparison, I went with the One. Size, front facing speakers being the 2 determining factors.

    Sent from my One
    I just joined at&t yesterday. After my side to side comparison, I had to go with the G2. The biggest thing that irked me about the One, was the power button placement. It's at the top left and was nearly flush against the material.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kollarism View Post
    The fact that the G2 has the biggest screen and best battery compared to its size on the market isn't intriguing? People like to rave about the droid maxx, but it has a 1" smaller screen.

    Would't you rather had a lot of settings that you can choose to use/not use, as opposed to not even having the customization available to you without rooting? Having the phone about a week now, its really not a "cluster bomb."
    The battery life is intriguing indeed and it's one thing I've been wanting OEM's to do for a while now. However, people have proved that user experience is more important to them than battery life - otherwise the RAZR Maxx's would be in the upper echelon of sales, which they aren't.

    And no, I don't want an OEM to choose to load in a ton of settings for me, especially on Android. Why? Because often times there are better third party alternatives that I could use anyway that will use less ram, less battery and less storage. For example: I don't care for LG's toggles because they don't have options that I'd use (hotspot, quick shortcuts to apps) and they are huge, when I'd personally use smaller ones. So, if you're going to "force" something like that on me I should be able to use it how I want or disable it entirely. I don't care for LG's launcher customization's because third party options, such as Nova are still better and more refined.

    ...and also, there is nothing on the G2 that you can't add to android straight from Google Play - without rooting. Everything it has is just an imitation of another feature or third party app. You don't need to root to get anything it has.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    After leaving Apple my first phone was a s4 which I had for 6 months before I just recently switched to the G2. In between I had a short stint with a HTC one and an active.

    I may still be android naive a bit but I don't understand why people are saying g2 software is overdone and full of bloat. I felt that it was pretty bare to the bones with some stock custom features. Th one was completely taken over by blinkfeed and the s4 just a slow laggy slug. G2 w is straight to the point

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #55  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    After leaving Apple my first phone was a s4 which I had for 6 months before I just recently switched to the G2. In between I had a short stint with a HTC one and an active.

    I may still be android naive a bit but I don't understand why people are saying g2 software is overdone and full of bloat. I felt that it was pretty bare to the bones with some stock custom features. Th one was completely taken over by blinkfeed and the s4 just a slow laggy slug. G2 w is straight to the point

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Compared to a Moto X or Nexus, it's still pretty heavy. Though in seeing some promising progress in ROMs.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Mine has 32gb...
    The base model has 16GB...

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by D13H4RD2L1V3 View Post
    The base model has 16GB...

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Not anywhere in the US.

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #58  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Not anywhere in the US.

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
    Only 16gb is Korean with sd slot and battery. Not USA.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #59  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    I was at an att store Friday 9/20 and they had no cases or screen protectors out for G2. The phone on display had no power or description label either. I asked why no love? They said it just went on shelf yesterday and they didn't have time too give it any love.

    Hmmm......a week since launch day. are they just that lazy or do they just not give a damn?
  10. #60  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Not anywhere in the US.
    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
    AT&T only had a 32gb. I bought it regardless, and was surprised to get home with double the storage that I thought
    Last edited by kollarism; 09-23-2013 at 07:12 AM.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kollarism View Post
    People like to rave about the droid maxx, but it has a 1" smaller screen.
    LG G2 = 5.2"
    DROID MAXX = 5.0"
    Difference = 0.2"

    LG G2 does have 1080p LCD though vs DROID MAXX 720p AMOLED.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    LG G2 = 5.2"
    DROID MAXX = 5.0"
    Difference = 0.2"

    LG G2 does have 1080p LCD though vs DROID MAXX 720p AMOLED.
    The display is only 4.3, the phone is 5.15?
  13. #63  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kollarism View Post
    The display is only 4.3, the phone is 5.15?
    There have been 3 different Motorola DROID MAXX's:
    Original Droid Razr Maxx = 4.3 in / 3300 mAh battery
    Droid Razr Maxx HD = 4.7 in / 3300 mAh battery
    Droid Maxx = 5.0 in / 3500 mAh battery
    I assumed the comparison was being made to the current Droid Maxx phone.
  14. #64  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    There have been 3 different Motorola DROID MAXX's:
    Original Droid Razr Maxx = 4.3 in / 3300 mAh battery
    Droid Razr Maxx HD = 4.7 in / 3300 mAh battery
    Droid Maxx = 5.0 in / 3500 mAh battery
    I assumed the comparison was being made to the current Droid Maxx phone.
    It was, my mistake. Either way like you mentioned, it's a bigger screen and higher resolution.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Please prove this to be true about the Gizmodo review.
    I am entitled to my opinion without having to "prove" anything to you. When one review is so completely off from all the others, it's suspect. And i'm not "****-hurt" over the review, because I don't even own the G2 or plan to get one. But if Gizmodo is allowed to publish a crap review, then I am allowed to express my opinion about it. Like you said to another post, there's a lot of comments about it. If you don't like mine, form your own opinion based off the others and your own experience.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    mount.zed likes this.
  16. #66  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Willie View Post
    The Samsung screens are pathetic. And they call iPhone users sheep...
    Yes, the pure black of an AMOLED is pathetic. Come on man. I had the G2 for over a week and though it was sharper for text, the whole screen was "shimmery" and text appeared to be floating compared to the Note 2. If I had to choose, I would go w/ the G2, but Samsung's AMOLEDs do black right. Everything looks FLAT and book like. That said, I appreciated how much lower the G2 would get w/ regard to brightness.


    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    There isn't really any other way to explain why his review was so divergent from the rest. The only options are a) He has a bias against LG or b) There was another motivating factor (like Samsung ad sales for example). Gizmodo and Gawker have no integrity, and they haven't for a while, and reviews like theirs show it.

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
    Ars wasn't very kind w/ it either. And pocket lint called it hot to the touch.

    I agree w/ WickedRabbit. It's a good effort, but they failed on so many fronts. Personally, for me...

    1. I would have liked to see it not have the brightness bug, camcorder bug, or font bug.
    2. LG's skin can go to hell.
    3. Onscreen buttons can go to hell.
    4. Slippery, greasy, nasty back and plastic casing can go to hell.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Yes, the pure black of an AMOLED is pathetic. Come on man. I had the G2 for over a week and though it was sharper for text, the whole screen was "shimmery" and text appeared to be floating compared to the Note 2. If I had to choose, I would go w/ the G2, but Samsung's AMOLEDs do black right. Everything looks FLAT and book like. That said, I appreciated how much lower the G2 would get w/ regard to brightness.



    Ars wasn't very kind w/ it either. And pocket lint called it hot to the touch.

    I agree w/ WickedRabbit. It's a good effort, but they failed on so many fronts. Personally, for me...

    1. I would have liked to see it not have the brightness bug, camcorder bug, or font bug.
    2. LG's skin can go to hell.
    3. Onscreen buttons can go to hell.
    4. Slippery, greasy, nasty back and plastic casing can go to hell.
    Everything you mentioned is your personal preference. I, and many others, have not had any of the bugs in number 1.

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #68  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    A greasy, slimy back is personal preference? Who would want that, lol!?!?

    A cluttered, unnecessary skin? Really? Preference?

    I had 3 G2's and tested 2 store models. They ALL had the brightness and camcorder bugs. There have been confirmed reports here an XDA on both.

    Admittedly, I notice EVERYTHING. Glad you don't. Enjoy your phone. I'll wait for one w/ less bugs, less skin, and a matte back.
  19. #69  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    A greasy, slimy back is personal preference? .
    Unless one has been eating fried chicken or the likes (or has notable acne they've been molesting) the back prolly isn't REALLY greasy and slimy.


    from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.


  20. #70  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Unless one has been eating fried chicken or the likes (or has notable acne they've been molesting) the back prolly isn't REALLY greasy and slimy.


    from my Sony XTZ
    I just stuck the phone down my pants. It's amazing at repelling pubic hair.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
  21. #71  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,445 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    I just stuck the phone down my pants. It's amazing at repelling pubic hair.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    I'm...backing away...slowly...slowly.

    from my Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.


  22. #72  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    A greasy, slimy back is personal preference? Who would want that, lol!?!?

    A cluttered, unnecessary skin? Really? Preference?

    I had 3 G2's and tested 2 store models. They ALL had the brightness and camcorder bugs. There have been confirmed reports here an XDA on both.

    Admittedly, I notice EVERYTHING. Glad you don't. Enjoy your phone. I'll wait for one w/ less bugs, less skin, and a matte back.
    Yes, preference. Not a single thing you mention besides the bugs (which, again, not everyone has) is your personal preference. Period.

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #73  
    Jodiuh's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

    And yes, everyone has those bugs. Some people are just oblivious to them.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #74  

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

    And yes, everyone has those bugs. Some people are just oblivious to them.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I put a case on my phone, the os isn't a problem for me, and I've had no bugs.
  25. #75  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: What's up with the mediocre reviews for the G2?

    Where can I can I find these bugs? How do I replicate it. If my phone has bugs could this b why my pubs are itching? Every thing you mentioned I can't find even the that nasty back you call it. I've been flashing phones since the G1 even before AC got big. I can honestly say besides rooting it, I have no need to flash a ROM. This phone has tons of customization to it. As for the on screen keys another plus I could never go back to the other keys. Led vs amoled , after having a amoled screen I can say it sucks. My screen kicks azz no more blotchy blacks every thing is so crisp and being outside I can actually use my phone the screen brightness adjust properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    So you prefer a super slippery glossy back to a nice soft touch matte? And you prefer the OS to be cluttered? You...PREFER...this.

    And yes, everyone has those bugs. Some people are just oblivious to them.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2


    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 11:13 AM
  2. S4 active-Message notification doesn't stop coming up on lock screen.
    By saintsokwitit in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM
  3. looking for very simple data counter
    By slideways666 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 02:17 AM
  4. is fastboot the same for all devices?
    By konrad236 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions