Purchased new G2 on Sale...WOW!

chiefandrews

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I just received a G2 I purchased on eBay. It is an unlocked GSM version. I paid $216. I've only had it for 7:57 :). But WOW, am I impressed so far.

I have been using my 2013 Moto X for well over a year. Prior to that I was on the Nexus 4. Over the last four weeks I was using my wife's old iPhone 5S since I bought her a iPhone 6. The best thing about the 5S is Touch ID. The 4" screen was way too small, in fact, last week I switched back to the Moto. However, the battery was beginning to fade. I could go 13 hours, but only with 2 hours of SOT. I saw the G2 and took a chance. I really wanted a slightly larger screen and better battery.

Again, I know it is early in, but I am quite impressed. I have quickly gotten used to the buttons on the back. What I like so far:

- sharp, crisp, large screen
- knock to unlock
- guest mode
- camera features

And the software. I was a little worried coming from the Nexus and Moto since I was used to vanilla android, but so far I am quite happy with LGs version of 4.4.2.

I am wondering if I should have just spent another $100 and got the G3. Honestly, I was afraid it might be too big, but now I'm not so sure. Oh well. I will enjoy this baby for awhile.

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Did the same a couple months ago, went with this instead of the G3. I've already got 5.0.2 on it and it runs even smoother. I believe I got a good investment. I got tired of my Nexus 5's battery and went with this. This blows the N5 out of the water.

Posted via the Android Central App

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
The g2 is an amazing phone even in 2015. If people are having battery issues after lollipop update a factory reset fixes this, and should be done anyways. I factory reset mine im on 27 hours of battery and still have 70% left. To me the G2 is closest to perfect phone you can get today. Not too big, looks good, great software now with lollipop, super fast hardware, great battery life, calls sound good. Only thing that id change is front firing speakers that are louder, but at least the speaker is downfiring and not rear firing like the galaxy s5 so when its on its back or on a bed it wont muffle the sound. HTC phones have loud speakers but they are missing the form factor LG has with the G2 (m8 wayyy too tall for one handed operation). Also knock code on the m8 is far inferior to LG, you have to move the phone before you can double tap to wake and HTC didnt even implement a double tap to sleep, so if you want to lock the phone you still have to reach way up top to lock it.

For around 200 bucks new and unlocked nothing even comes close to the value of a G2 today, its barely more expensive than the moto g and is FAR superior to that in every category.