Amazon: LG G3 Replacement Charging Back?

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a replacement charging back on Amazon for the G3, haven't found any...

I had good results with CHOETECH for our Galaxy S4's (both replacement charging back and charging mat)...

I prefer Amazon to eBay... If you found one, please share link(s)... Thanks!

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for one as well. So far no luck. The only ones that I've been able to find are specifically for the Korean and European models of the G3.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I assumed he was talking about a replacement Qi wireless charging cover for the back. I could be incorrect though.

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Does the G3 not support Qi out of the box or do you need to by a special back cover for it? I love the Qi charging capabilities of the Lg G2

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I can only comment on the AT&T version. The AT&T version supports powermat charging, not Qi. In order to use Qi, you have to purchase a replacement back cover with the Qi connectors. So far, it seems that these are hard to come by.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its unclear if the phone only supports PMA or just the ATT Quick Circle case back. Hopefully just the back.

Posted via Android Central App

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Does the G3 not support Qi out of the box or do you need to by a special back cover for it? I love the Qi charging capabilities of the Lg G2

Nope for the US & Asian version... Needs a different rear cover.

The Euro version does support wireless charging ootb...

highertechnology

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I can only comment on the AT&T version. The AT&T version supports powermat charging, not Qi. In order to use Qi, you have to purchase a replacement back cover with the Qi connectors. So far, it seems that these are hard to come by.
Does the ATT support power mat out of the box?

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
No, still need to purchase an additional back. The only one they sell online appears to be the quick circle case.

So far... I would surprised if Chloetech didn't come out with one... Their Galaxy S4 version works flawlessly with a case on the phone...

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So the lg g3 with circle case supports qi even with at&t?

I couldn't see why not. My s5 wireless charging case came from a Verizon store and the phone was from at&t

Posted via Android Central App

AndyLu, you do know what happens when you assume stuff don't you? On the 1520 AT&T disabled the Qi feature and it took a hardware hack to make Qi work. No one has confirmed if AT&T has enabled or disabled Qi charging in the G3 yet.

Dapplschamp

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
LG sells a Qi compliant quick circle case and a Powermat compliant quick circle case for $59.99 each and no the G3 only comes with NFC, the case is a seperate accessory and you will have to purchase it.