Is the LG G3 worth upgrading to??

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey androiders! Well this G3 has got my attention with its looks and its features which i dont have on my htc one m7. I read and seen youtubers point out the flaws like yellowish dimmer screen and some even said pics an vids arent all great but are good.

My question is, do you think its worth upgrading to from the htc one m7??

I have a few questions on some of the features it has so bear with me this is my 2nd android phone ever!

1. Does it have a screen shot toggle in the drop down menu? If not how do you take them?

2. My htc one m7 has a wide angle shot on the camera so it shows alot more. The G3 seems like its close up cropping out some of the shot/video. Is this a deal breaker?

3. Does it charge slow like the htc one m7? Thats a huge annoyance i have with the m7 it charges super slow!

4. When receiving a message,email,facebook etc will the screen light up or do i have to just go by sound an the led light like most android phones?

5. Does Lg give updates often or atleast stay up to date? I noticed its late on a update right?

Thanks!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey androiders! Well this G3 has got my attention with its looks and its features which i dont have on my htc one m7. I read and seen youtubers point out the flaws like yellowish dimmer screen and some even said pics an vids arent all great but are good.

My question is, do you think its worth upgrading to from the htc one m7??

I have a few questions on some of the features it has so bear with me this is my 2nd android phone ever!

1. Does it have a screen shot toggle in the drop down menu? If not how do you take them?

No it doesn't, you take a screen shot by using the power and volume down at the same time.

2. My htc one m7 has a wide angle shot on the camera so it shows alot more. The G3 seems like its close up cropping out some of the shot/video. Is this a deal breaker?

The camera is great, see lg photo's thread, and the laser autofocus is brilliant and extremely fast.

3. Does it charge slow like the htc one m7? Thats a huge annoyance i have with the m7 it charges super slow!

Some reports that it can be, but my experience it's been ok from 6% to 94% in 2hrs.

4. When receiving a message,email,facebook etc will the screen light up or do i have to just go by sound an the led light like most android phones?

My screen doesn't awake and as mentioned its just sound and l.e.d light.

5. Does Lg give updates often or atleast stay up to date? I noticed its late on a update right?

I presume that they will want to be more on the ball with updates.

In my own personal opinion you should purchase the G3 and I believe that you won't be disappointed.

The Screen is very clear, sharp and precise and no yellow tint on mine, videos,pictures and text looks amazing.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Duncan. The screen is great. No tint here either. There is no perfect phone and some ppl will complain about anything that comes out. It takes a little getting used to a different operating system but this phone is great! I came from a galaxy s5 and don't regret it for a second and that was a great phone.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
There will always be mixed opinions on any smartphone.

Ranging from screen, battery, Ui, Camera etc.

This is a good thing but take some with a pinch of salt as some people just like to complain over small issue's and some just create ones that don't exist.

The G3 is one very well designed and constructed device.

5.5" in this form factor you got to hand it to Lg what they have done is quite remarkable.
The screen itself is a beauty and one or two may argue that its a marketing stunt, but I believe the screen is smoother and more precise, the clarity is sublime, this as I mentioned may be a placebo effect but I'm happy with that lol

Does the battery take a hit? Not really considering that quad HD screen, despite some questioning this, it will boil down to apps installed and running in the background, how you use the G3 ect.

I for example use my phones for media, browsing web and taking pictures. My typical screen on time ranges from 4 1/2 hours to five.

The Camera autofocus is a huge plus as is ois+ which results in very respectable pics.

The rear button placement I like a lot and it does change how you hold your phone and in a good way.

The G3 is not perfect but no phone will reach that acclaim as there will always be something that people won't like.

My honest opinion is that there is not much to dislike about the G3. Perhaps they could of implemented the 805 soc and a larger battery and for me only having the 2/16gb variant that can be my only niggles.

Even with the 801 and the 2/16gb this phone performs and well.

So just take in a balanced pro's and cons that you feel is right for you.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It is truly one of the best Android devices on the market as well as a few others. I came from the Note 3 and the G3 is much snappier all the way around. The camera is awesome compared to the Note.

NYfan78

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC one my and got the g3 this weekend and love it to death. Such a sweet phone. Love everything about it. Now to find a good case!

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback from all of you! I made the jump an ordered it yesterday afternoon and with free priority shipping it arrives in my hands sometime today so i can't wait to try it out. Im sure the knock knock feature will come in handy along with alot of other features. Im not a power user at all. Im simple as in just text,a little browsing when needed,one email synced,facebook (which i check a few times a day),not many phone calls. Just simple things so i can imagine how well battery life will be for me,i hope!

Now the hardest part is waiting for it to get here....:eek:

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Well i absolutely love the G3, so far so good! To me it blows the m7 out of the water. Yeah it is a bit taller an wider but when holding it in my hand its not much of a difference. Its way lighter too. The camera is pretty awesome as well.

All in all...im happy with it being my 2nd android phone.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Instead of making another thread i'll just ask here keeping it all together. On vids i seen on youtube i see on their drop down screen it shows a brightness slider and also ringtone volume slider.

Why dont i get that on mine for at&t??

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Instead of making another thread i'll just ask here keeping it all together. On vids i seen on youtube i see on their drop down screen it shows a brightness slider and also ringtone volume slider.

Why dont i get that on mine for at&t??

Sprint either. I think that's a model from overseas that has both sliders

By the way, glad you like the upgrade. I came from the M7 as well and I'm impressed for sure.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Sprint either. I think that's a model from overseas that has both sliders

Oh ok that explains it then. Would be convenient if maybe one day we get an update to have the same as those overseas.

Are you using the G3 or Htc One ffejjj? If G3 are you liking it?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the G3 or Htc One ffejjj? If G3 are you liking it?

I use both right now. I use the M7 at work and the G3 at home. Soon as my case and tempered screen protector arrive tomorrow my G3 will be my 100%daily driver

Yes I am thoroughly enjoying the G3 :)

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an S3 and was eligible on 7/7 to upgrade. For the last couple of months I had been resigned to the S5 but when the G3 was released last week by AT&T I knew I had to consider it at the very least. I just told the admin at work to order the G3. Most of what I want is on the G3. I do not like that it won't charge via Qi without a hardware hack which hasn't been developed yet obviously, and it also irritates me that they used USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 but the S5 flaws were a bigger issue for me. It's about finding the best phone for you because there isn't a perfect phone and they will have have some type of flaw(s)..

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I use both right now. I use the M7 at work and the G3 at home. Soon as my case and tempered screen protector arrive tomorrow my G3 will be my 100%daily driver

Nice! Same here im using the G3 as my daily now even though i just got it today. I dont think ill be picking up my m7 anymore!

Which case are you going with and what brand of the tempered screen protector?

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading from the M7. Looking for better battery life, better camera, & bigger screen. I'm gonna miss sense, don't really use boomsound much...

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Nice to hear that!

How do you feel about battery and screen brightness outside? Those two are my main concerns. Though I don't expect it to be as good as G2, it shouldn't be too bad for me.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Same here im using the G3 as my daily now even though i just got it today. I dont think ill be picking up my m7 anymore!

Which case are you going with and what brand of the tempered screen protector?

Don't get me wrong I really like my M7 but I've had so many htc phones. The G3 is a very nice alternate.

On my daughters G2 I used the iloome screenmate and it's held up very well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3770385

Was gonna put it on mine but I went this route just to try it

776.jpg

I have the black phone with this white case. Should look sharp :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The battery life is not the G2's quality but it's good, much better than my M7

Outside I have no issues seeing my screen at all

...also while using the supplied charger it charges very fast. Nice bonus