love my G3 anyone tempted by the Note 4

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I love my g3, but the note 4 is calling me. Nevertheless, i dont like touchwiz. For this reason I am hesitant to trade my G3 for the note 4. I believe my draw to the phablet is more so the looks of the note 4. I love the looks of that phablet. But I've been drawn to Samsung before by sheer looks of their products and became discouraged which led me back to Apple. This time I'm tying to avoid the temptation.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The G3's style and features such as Knock on & off are just fantastic, the Ui and camera are spot on & the screen is sharp yet subtle and nice colours (not over saturated).

However a part of me is saying yes give it a look, i am a bit of a collector but may see this Note 4 as a stepping stone to the G4 (Samsung's hold their price a wee bit better).

I like what Lg are doing OK the G3 is not flawless by any means but it is a remarkable device none the less and I'm sure the same attention to detail will go into the G4.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm tempted. Fortunately, the layout of buttons at the bottom of the screen is in the wrong order for me, also the price will almost certainly be far too high for me. But I would like to experience the famous Samsung displays.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been a Sammy fan for years... I still swear by their plasma TVs. I decided to give the g3 a shot after being a Note user for the last 3 years. I love the g3. It's the best phone I have ever owned, and will upgrade...to the g4. :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Replacing my G3 with a note 4 isn't on my radar, it's just not my thing. But let's just say I wouldn't kick it out if bed for eating crackers.

Samsung always does an awesome job with the Note series. There's little it won't do well.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I came from the GNote 3 to the G3 because the phone had just become to unwieldy for me. I absolutely love the way the G3 feels in the hand and the buttons in the back are genius. There is no part of this phone that is hard for me to get to without feeling I am about to drop the phone. The internals are great, the LG software is great and easily modded with stump root and the Tweakbox. TouchWiz is better but still not my favorite and with Knox the AT&T versions of the GNote are difficult at best to root and mod.

Not looking back at my decision at all very very happy with the G3 and with minimal changes in the GNote 4feeling the same complaints would be coming if I had waited for it.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't overlook buttons on the back! I never have to worry about hitting side power button by accident, turning off screen, requiring password to unlock (yes, could change setting, was work phone) or turning volume up/down by accident. That and touch off/on makes me enjoy my LG3 even more.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Let me hasten to say, lest it be thought there is something wrong with me, my temptation is not to replace the G3 with the N4, but to get the latter AS WELL. So you see, there is nothing wrong with me at all.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably move to the Note 4 or IPhone 6. Leaning slightly towards Note 4. Both are very powerful and great devices. Will also consider the Droid Turbo if it ever comes to fruition and the Nexus 6 if Verizon carries it, which they probably won't..

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw the note at best buy yesterday.. Very like how the phone look..screen is beautiful.. But as long as I looking to get the note I really miss how good on my G3..g3 is very fast phone (no lag on me) display is good enough and the size is very comfortable also great camera... Very hard decision..

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The G3 is a great phone and all, but mine tends to heat up when I use it on gps, the screen doesnt look as sharp and as bright as the Note 4 and is tough to see in direct sunlight, I get annoyed by the continuous taps I have to do sometimes to get the screen to turn on
BUT...
I do love the build, the amazing camera, the button layout, and how customizable it is beyond stock. I'll get the Note 4 and use both for a while.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Why would you do that? The Note 4 almost has the same specs as the G3. The only difference is the slightly faster processor on the Note 4 and the Note 4 has a stylus. Okay. If you have money to waste, I'll take it.

I went from the Note 3 to the G3 and I haven't regretted it. I will not be going to the Note 4. I'm tired of Samsung for now.