text messages not sending

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my g3 since launch, I love it. However several times a day it takes several minutes to send or receive a message. I'm not quite sure why but it's like it can't find service. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else experienced this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which carrier do you use? Have you discussed this with them? It might be a network issue, or possibly a SIM issue. Do you have any other issues with cell reception or mobile data reception?

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, I have discussed it with him, they've replaced my SIM but it's still happening, I have great signal in my area and I've never experienced this with an AT&T phone before. I would love to switch it out for another however I didn't buy through AT&T so they're only service they can offer is troubleshooting.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
AT&T may try removing text on your account, and put it back on. This regenerates your profile on their end. If not, backup everything and Factory Reset (you could the Factory Reset first, then remove/reinstall texting) If that does not clear things up, then.... If the phone is within return policy, return/exchange at place of purchase. If not, AT&T can do a warranty swap.

Posted via the Android Central App

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
After reading your post I tried factory reset but the problem unfortunately still remains, can't tell you how frustrating it is to need to reply to something time sensitive but be unable to while your phone just sits there doing nothing. I think my only avenue of warranty would be through lg themselves, att didn't seem to care after trying to switch my sim card. I'm not sure though how good lg's customer service is though. I've always used samsung in the past and have always had great experiences when needed.

meekrol

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and had the LG G2, same thing text would get stuck for sometimes minutes then some times hours and then all of a sudden my phone would blow up with all the text at once. Verizon replaced the phone and I would randomly have the same issue. I now have the LG G3 and it's been stuck several times sending and receiving text. Verizon did a "net work refresh" no problems since then.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2