Adding music to Micro SD card

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I want to add music to my Micro SD card, which is why I got it in the first place, but I don't know if I need to create a folder on the card or do I just drop all the music on there.

I put the card in the G3 and rebooted the phone. When I took the card back out to put it in the computer (thinking that might make for a quicker transfer), I noticed the phone formatted the card (like I thought it would) and added some folders and files already. The folders on there are:

.android_secure
Android
LGBackup

The "secure" and "Backup" folders have nothing in them. The Android folder has a folder named "data". In that folder are some other folders:

com.google.android.apps.magazines
com.google.android.gms
com.google.android.music
com.google.android.youtube
com.lge.thinkfreeviewer
com.shutterfly
com.twitter.android

The music folder has another folder in it called "files". Should I drop all my music in that folder, or do I create another folder outside of that original "Android" folder?

Thanks for all the help in my transition to Android and this phone. I really appreciate it.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you use Google play music to play music.? I use that as it's linked to my iTunes library on my mac. I just then download my music from the cloud. After setting do card as location in play music settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used Google Play Music yet. I haven't used any of the Google or Android apps yet to play music. I'm coming from Apple and iTunes. I've probably made the process a lot harder than I've needed to by converting all my iTunes music to MP3 format and re-ripping all my old CDs and then working to move that around and back it up. It's been a process. I don't even know how to link the Google Play Music to iTunes since I've never used it.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just plop them all in whatever folder you'd like on the card. Then access them with your preferred music player that has the ability to look for music in custom locations.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You can download Google music manager to your. Mac and point it at your iTunes library folder. Then everything you add music to iTunes it gets updated automatically by music manager and is then available to download from the cloud. A bit like iTunes match.

Posted via the Android Central App

Infinite7154

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I want to add music to my Micro SD card, which is why I got it in the first place, but I don't know if I need to create a folder on the card or do I just drop all the music on there.

I put the card in the G3 and rebooted the phone. When I took the card back out to put it in the computer (thinking that might make for a quicker transfer), I noticed the phone formatted the card (like I thought it would) and added some folders and files already. The folders on there are:

.android_secure
Android
LGBackup

The "secure" and "Backup" folders have nothing in them. The Android folder has a folder named "data". In that folder are some other folders:

com.google.android.apps.magazines
com.google.android.gms
com.google.android.music
com.google.android.youtube
com.lge.thinkfreeviewer
com.shutterfly
com.twitter.android

The music folder has another folder in it called "files". Should I drop all my music in that folder, or do I create another folder outside of that original "Android" folder?

Thanks for all the help in my transition to Android and this phone. I really appreciate it.

Once you have it plugged to your windows computer you can create a folder named Music or whatever with a right click and create folder. Drop all the files there and your music player will find them with no problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress