Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if we could use all three trusted options and if one doesn't work the other would? For example if I dont have my wearable connected will it check for facial or places.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

the best I get is waiting to download after clearing data on the Google Play Services. Any suggestions on how to get the download going?

Nevermind it is downloading now.
Yeah it likes to hang for about 5 or 10 mins before it starts going. Trust me I thought the same thing :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still no update for me. I tried to force the update explained in this thread and no luck.

Posted via the Android Central App
Might have to repeat it a few times. I read some people having to try 3, 4 or more times. For me it happened on the first try.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Funny though. It downloaded and I hit restart and install it says rebooting and counts down and nothing happens. I tried it a few times and still nothing. Tried to reboot and now I get an error saying google.services.location has stopped. Guess I'll leave it alone for a while and see what happens.

n119530

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my update early this morning and we'll see what happens. I have sprint and i got the 5.0.1 update.

Posted via Android Central App

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So I guess there's no lock screen widgets anymore. My battery life has been pretty good with my normal use.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Funny though. It downloaded and I hit restart and install it says rebooting and counts down and nothing happens. I tried it a few times and still nothing. Tried to reboot and now I get an error saying google.services.location has stopped. Guess I'll leave it alone for a while and see what happens.

Ive been having the same problem since Tuesday. I've done several factory resets and nothing works

wpmetts

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only issues I am experiencing so far are the Google Messenger app wont send picture messages and Gmail notifications dont show at all...I get new emails and they dont appear on the lock screen or in the notifications at the top...???

I am assuming this is something that can be worked out from the app side..

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Ive been having the same problem since Tuesday. I've done several factory resets and nothing works

I ended up doing a factory reset. Update wasn't there, so I did the google service data clear trick. Popped up, downloaded and it updated. Running lollipop now.

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset. Update wasn't there, so I did the google service data clear trick. Popped up, downloaded and it updated. Running lollipop now.

Ive been doing that and no luck it pushed to my phone again this morning and still the same thing

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ive been doing that and no luck it pushed to my phone again this morning and still the same thing

You may want to call Sprint. They may attempt doing a factory reset and phone re provisioning to reset everything. Sometimes that helps get a stuck update through or it is possible something funky is going on with your device which is rare but I've seen it in the past where a device just refused to take the OTA.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Well...Sprint made it in just under the wire. Woke up this morning to see the update available. Went ahead and installed it and it's working great. Smooth. Only restarted once and I'm not experiencing any lag and the battery SEEMS to be performing about the same as before.

Someone refresh my memory on that 'clearing the cache' thing that was mentioned. How is that done again?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
One other thing...immediately after updating, I received a text message from '8737' with a long string of numbers and letters. My phone number was also buried in the middle of it. Has anyone else received this and is it related to the update?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Someone refresh my memory on that 'clearing the cache' thing that was mentioned. How is that done again?
JPD was kind enough to share on a different thread:
Boot up in system recovery mode by shutting phone off. Hold volume button down and then hold power button. It will bootup in recovery mode. Select clear cache. Then restart the phone.