Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll be first....and yes, I did a factory reset had to so that text messages would work...
But after reset:
When swiping open, the home screen displays for a second the goes blank for a split second then displays.
Battery life is terrible when compared to before the update
When on a call, the dial screen gets really small with a lot of white space below the command boxes
and when on a call, cannot swipe down the header when on the home screen

Sure hope they come out with bug fixes soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It has been a few days! It was loaded last Wednesday, and I did the factory reset on Friday. So maybe your definition of "a few days" is different than mine. However, it appears to be getting worse each day.

And no, I don't hold my breath for anything that is android related; that's why I said "hope." It is just a shame that google has a reputation like Microsoft had years ago. I am not impressed, and the sad part is, I WAS impressed with this phone a week ago.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you've had it for a few days, then you don't have the official, pushed Sprint update, as that one started rolling out - as the link states - today. So, you're either not on Sprint, or you side loaded the update prior to official version/push. The latter typically has the most issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you've had it for a few days, then you don't have the official, pushed Sprint update, as that one started rolling out - as the link states - today. So, you're either not on Sprint, or you side loaded the update prior to official version/push. The latter typically has the most issues.

Exactly. Sprint officially started rolling out the update OTA today (2/16/15). Anything prior to this was leaked and not official.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

"Oh, I'm on the Sprint LG G3 forum? When did that happen?"

xD
This is still the the main forums for the LG G3 but this was specifically a " Sprint " LG G3 thread/update :p

wmr291

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting here in Indiana as well. I think its all lies and propaganda. :). My wife's HTC M8 got it on Monday. I've got lollipop envy.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As is typical with these updates, Sprint (and other carriers, when it's their turn) will roll out to a fairly small number of users. Wait a bit to make sure there aren't any major issues, then start rolling it out to everyone else. Even then, it will be phased. Everyone won't get it right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith