When will my LG G3 get the latest upgrade?

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
lg g3 upgrade

Dear all i just got a new lg g3 when i check for software upgrade from phone it say no new software. i installed lg pc suite and i clicked on check for upgrade i got a new upgrade it says :
current version : d85520c- none
latest version : V20C - L
when i open lg mobile support tool it says there is software upgrade do u want to upgrade?
should i upgrade or it will make a problem and which is better ?
thanks.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: lg g3 upgrade

Chances are, it's the PC Suite that has the update, not the phone, but I could be wrong.

I'm assuming you're speaking of Android 5.0 named Lollipop? Not every carrier has released their version yet. Yes, updates usually have to come from the carrier; because they have specific programs that are added and have their own flavor shall we say of the Android environment. Also, the carriers put in their specifics about their network allowing the device to run on their network at optimum speeds. IE: you cannot run AT&T’s LG version on Verizon. When the LG G3 first came out overseas, it ran on AT&T here, but you didn’t get LTE speeds until AT&T released their own version.

So, IMO, if it’s talking about upgrading your phone’s OS, I wouldn’t. One way to find out is to unplug your phone and then open the application and see if it has the update. If so, then it’s talking about the software app, not the phone OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress