LG3 digitizer break

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So at some point my lg3, inside its otterbox commuter case, fell off about a foot onto the ground, basically sparse ground with some pebbles.

I noticed a small scratch on one corner which was partly in the screen area. At first I was mildly upset (someday would affect resale value) but figured I could live with it.

Then I noticed trouble using my leftmost icon on the phone, set to dialer. Then texting, Q A and Z did not work. Or they did if I rotated so they weren't in that side.

Eventually I fired up quick memo and drew in a clear screen where the impact became evident--the entire left side no longer responded to touch.

So I was near a best buy store and wanted to know what my options were. After I showed a guy there the phone and described it, he said this was a "well known" problem with LG2s and LG3s. He claimed the technology of the knock code is to blame, though he said he didn't know if the LG4 also shared the flaw, but he figured so.

Anyway don't know if this is legit, but I have attached a picture of said phone and quickmemo.

Has anyone else heard this? I am guessing fixing the screen and digitizer will be a bit...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 25

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So at some point my lg3, inside its otterbox commuter case, fell off about a foot onto the ground, basically sparse ground with some pebbles.

I noticed a small scratch on one corner which was partly in the screen area. At first I was mildly upset (someday would affect resale value) but figured I could live with it.

Then I noticed trouble using my leftmost icon on the phone, set to dialer. Then texting, Q A and Z did not work. Or they did if I rotated so they weren't in that side.

Eventually I fired up quick memo and drew in a clear screen where the impact became evident--the entire left side no longer responded to touch.

So I was near a best buy store and wanted to know what my options were. After I showed a guy there the phone and described it, he said this was a "well known" problem with LG2s and LG3s. He claimed the technology of the knock code is to blame, though he said he didn't know if the LG4 also shared the flaw, but he figured so.

Anyway don't know if this is legit, but I have attached a picture of said phone and quickmemo.

Has anyone else heard this? I am guessing fixing the screen and digitizer will be a bit...

Could be you just damaged the digitizer and need to have the glass and digitizer replaced. You can probably do it yourself I a little tech savy. There are a ton of videos out there on how to do it and the kit is pretty cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Touch-S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4500046

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i will check it out though not sure it is something I would do myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch