How to find which apps are using the most memory on LG G3?

A

AC Question

How to find which apps are using the most memory on LG G3

When I look at Total storage on my 8GB LG G3 it says apps are taking up 3.42GB. When I select the Apps icon it takes me to the Downloaded Apps window and shows all the apps downloaded. If I add them up they take up 2.2GB and that includes apps that are on my SD card. How do I find out which apps are really taking up space on internal memory. System Data is taking up 4.03GB of the 8GB memory so there is little space left on my internal memory and it prevents me from updating apps like Kindle.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to find which apps are using the most memory on LG G3

Go to Settings - Storage - Apps... You will see which apps are taking you storage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Also remember - "moving an app to SD" doesn't, it moves pieces of the app to the card, and leaves a link to each moved piece in internal storage. If the app is written so there are many small pieces, it costs internal storage to move the app. (The links are larger than the piece moved.)

The better way (running apps from the SD cars isn't the best way - SD cards aren't designed to be constantly written to, and most apps write to ehat they consider internal storage) - is to use an app like External 2 Internal SD (Root). It remounts storage, so the card becomes "internal storage" (sd0) and the internal mmc storage becomes "the card" (sd1). Then installing an app installs it to the card by default.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Also remember - "moving an app to SD" doesn't, it moves pieces of the app to the card, and leaves a link to each moved piece in internal storage. If the app is written so there are many small pieces, it costs internal storage to move the app. (The links are larger than the piece moved.)

The better way (running apps from the SD cars isn't the best way - SD cards aren't designed to be constantly written to, and most apps write to ehat they consider internal storage) - is to use an app like External 2 Internal SD (Root). It remounts storage, so the card becomes "internal storage" (sd0) and the internal mmc storage becomes "the card" (sd1). Then installing an app installs it to the card by default.

Old topic, similar question: is it your recommendation to keep all apps on internal storage rather than card (for a non-rooted device)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress