Apps from the play store won't auto update, nor do I get notifications when updates are ready, why?

A

AC Question

I bought an lg g3 d855, new, sim free from amazon a week ago, I now have it on o2 pay and go.
Apps from the play store won't automatically update even though I have latest version and all the appropriate boxes checked in play store settings and individual app updates checked. I also don't get notifications when the updates are available, I can however manually update them if I check my apps list.
The strange thing is, when I plug the phone into pc or charger, the apps will update there and then, and the notifications appear also, but otherwise I get not auto update or notifications, these are the things I have tried:
removed google account.
checked google sync options, reset wifi
cleared data cache or play strore, play services, and removed updates.
full factory reset.
when I reset play services a notification did appear about an app update available, but if went away when I entered play store, and no notifications after that.

Please can anyone help?

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Check your push notification settings. Also check if you are set to auto update on wifi only. It defaults to yes since you don't want a 1~2 gig app auto updating on mobile data.

Posted via the Android Central App

G flash

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I have both notifications boxes checked, also I have update any time checked, but apps didn't auto update and no notifications appeareed when only update on wifi was checked either, my wifi connection is as good as it can be.