Leather back corners wearing & tearing

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm worry about the leather wearing out around the corners. I recently saw a review where the corners were wearing off just after a week of use. Have anyone else had this experience? I don't want to spend good money for it to look worn out after a week or two.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It will be a PITA to take care of but that's really all you can do.

It's the reason why I'm upgrading, I'm very careful with my toys but if it does wear/tear depending on the cost I'll either live with it (unlikely, LOL) or buy a new and different color leather back. :)

I wouldn't cover it up with a case. What's the point, again this is optional and makes no sense you might as well save the money and stick with the OEM plastic back.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm worry about the leather wearing out around the corners. I recently saw a review where the corners were wearing off just after a week of use. Have anyone else had this experience? I don't want to spend good money for it to look worn out after a week or two.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz

Do you have a link to said complaints? Everything I've read is this leather is top notch and very well made. I'd like to see what the story is though.

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Leather back corners wearing & tearing

I doubt it will tear just from normal use, but it will develop wear patterns like other leather products. I'm sure someone will make nice bumpers to protect the corners.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It's leather, I think part of the whole leather vibe is the wear and aging of it.

I'll pass, I'm just getting a thin case, if I get the urge I might spring for a black leather for weekends (if I ever get one off). I'm too rough on my phones to deal with the leather, I'd be shocked if I got a couple of months out of one with daily use.

poczynek

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had my black leather one now for three weeks today and i can guarantee you that it ain't peeling and i doubt it will for a long time. It is very sturdy and hangs on tough - see my pics below i took this morniing after 3 weeks with it:

iDOTimgurDOTcom/9KbnyFHDOTgif

Please put an actual dot where i have written DOT above and start the link with h t t p:// - i have less than 10 posts so cannot post links yet.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe Phil has mentioned wearing on the corners a few times during the podcasts. At least the back is swappable.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's real leather not synthetic leather and if you aren't more mindful with it it can become damaged.
If you go around and treat it like a plastic back it's bound to wear on the corners.
If you are really worried about it, get a plastic back for every day usage and keep the leather for good

Common sense please....

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana