Google Play music App

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to download all their music to their SD card or phone storage at the same time? The only way I can get it to download is one at a time which is annoying.
Sorry in advance for the newbie question, but I've been spoiled by apple and I tunes the past few years.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you can do it both at the same time.. At least not from the app. Maybe transferring from PC to SD card and then having the app on the phone download it to the phones memory? Only way I can think of.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe you can do it both at the same time.. At least not from the app. Maybe transferring from PC to SD card and then having the app on the phone download it to the phones memory? Only way I can think of.

My apologies, I didn't mean to the Sd card and phone storage at the same time. I meant choosing every song in my playlist and downloading it to the SD card or the phone's storage at the same time.

In other words... Is there a select all feature somewhere before I download a song?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My apologies, I didn't mean to the Sd card and phone storage at the same time. I meant choosing every song in my playlist and downloading it to the SD card or the phone's storage at the same time.

In other words... Is there a select all feature somewhere before I download a song?

OHHHH I'm sorry haha!

You should be able to go to settings within Google Music and choose where to store downloaded music (see below).

Once that's set you can download your playlists and it should auto download to that location.

To download the playlist you can just go to that playlist and at the top there is a pin (also see below) that you can hit and it'll start downloading.

Attachments

• 1433454475064.jpg
    1433454475064.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 47
  • 1433454490597.jpg
    1433454490597.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 47

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
OHHHH I'm sorry haha!

You should be able to go to settings within Google Music and choose where to store downloaded music (see below).

Once that's set you can download your playlists and it should auto download to that location.

To download the playlist you can just go to that playlist and at the top there is a pin (also see below) that you can hit and it'll start downloading.

It seems to only download only the songs I listen to. Want to get all of them on my phone just in case I'm in an area without coverage I can continue to listen to my music.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok just found the recently added playlist which had all my songs on there.. 325 total. Just added them now to the G4 so I should be straight, But that was from my other phone which I don't have anymore. I needed to add all those song manually. There should be a download all feature somewhere.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Like what Almeuit said. Make a new playlist in Google Play Music and add all the songs you want to that playlist (via web). On your phone, open up the Google Play Music app and go find that playlist in Playlist section and choose the option to download it. This will download all the songs in that playlist to your phone for offline playback. If you add any new songs to the playlist, google will automatically download it on your phone and keep your playlist up to date.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Like what Almeuit said. Make a new playlist in Google Play Music and add all the songs you want to that playlist (via web). On your phone, open up the Google Play Music app and go find that playlist in Playlist section and choose the option to download it. This will download all the songs in that playlist to your phone for offline playback. If you add any new songs to the playlist, google will automatically download it on your phone and keep your playlist up to date.

Was trying to do this from the phone app. I swapped out hard drives on my cpu and I no longer have that program, but thanks for your help.