G4 - Questions / Issues

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I returned my galaxy s6 and got the g4 yesterday( battery life on s6 was just unacceptable to me) and I love the phone so far. The only problem is I'm going to have to exchange it for another g4 because I'm having issues with the screen. There's this horizontal line shadow that I see on light backgrounds and it really bothers me. Maybe it's a uniformity issue? I'm not sure, but does anyone else have this issue?

Other than that I'm loving the phone so far.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: G4 screen issue

If its faint horizontal lines that cross the whole screen (especially on light backgrounds) its just the digitizer. You can also see them when the screen is off and you tilt the phone under direct sunlight.

If the lines are thick, irregular, or only appear on certain parts of the screen then it sounds more like a defect.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Hmm I noticed the digitizer big time on my old sony xperia z3 compact but interestingly the g4 I don't notice it.

Posted via the Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

I don't notice the digitizer on my G4, until the sun reflects off the screen. Then it's visible. But it doesn't bother me.

RavenSword, is that small grid in the reflection what you're seeing? Or is your issue something else?

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

It's a defective backlight. My first G4 had the same problem, and another forum member posted the same problem on a thread I created (it's in here somewhere, but I didn't bother to hunt it down before starting this reply). You can have it replaced.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Some questions

Hello all, I recently returned my s6 for a g4 and had some questions. I'm noticing on the side of the phone where there's a groove to let off the backing that theres a area where the backing isn't flush against the rest of the phone. And if I push down there's some flex to the small gap. Does this mean my backplate isn't fitting right? Can dirt get in there? I tried removing and reapplying the removable back like five times but still have this issue. Also, can the backing be damaged or the phone be damaged by removing the back too much.

I know these are kinda dumb questions, but I'm hoping you guys can put my ocd mind at ease. THANKS.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I was able to exchange it, but they said that's the last time. While the plastic back is still a little clicks if I press on it, it's at least flush with the phone now. I assume that clickyness is just plastic being plastic.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice the plastic back is kinda creaky?

I'm noticing that my exchanged g4 has a creaky plastic back in two certain spots on the side where the removal groove is at. I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this or if it's even worth worrying about. Like, it makes a click sound when I press on it.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone else notice the plastic back is kinda creaky?

My plastic back fits tightly with no movement nor creaking nor clicking when pressed.

I can't say whether or not yours is worth worrying about or not.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

My plastic back fits tightly with no movement nor creaking nor clicking when pressed.

I can't say whether or not yours is worth worrying about or not.

Well it's only toward the edge. Where the back meets the front plastic. And only in one spot. So maybe it's not worth worrying about, I don't know. I've had two in a row like this, so maybe it's normal.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Haven't noticed it with mine, it's on there pretty snug.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Mine is nice and tight - but I usually keep it in a Spigen case.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

It may just be my backing. Does LG sell replacement backs yet? Also, taking the back off a bunch dosent damage it does it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699