Camera came on and took photos all by itself

sketchupper2015

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody experienced their camera coming on and taking photos all by itself? I was just sitting watching tv and my G4 was on my desk where it had been untouched for a least an hour. I heard what sounded like the camera make that shutter click sound but didn't really pay too much attention to it. Then a few seconds later I heard it again so I got up and saw the phone was on, the camera app was open and it had taken a couple of pictures. I know there are some apps that claim they can access the camera so is it possible somebody has access to my phone? I've only had it a week and bought it brand new. Have I been hacked or do I have a ghost?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Get into Access Lock and look thru apps and see when the last time an app accessed the camera. Might be able to find the culprit. Absolutely never seen that happen.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Maybe disable the shortcut the starts the camera when you double-press Vol Down? Maybe the Vol Down button is flaky and is registering at random?

I'd also set it to not take a picture when starting the camera that way, to see if anything changes.