New issue

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I owned the g2 and g3,and don't recall this issue. When I am in WiFi, my 4g is showing up still in notifications and I am having issues with messages coming in and not being able to download them at all.
This just became an issue, and I've had my g4 since launch. It's happening on home and work WiFi

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
What's weird, mine did that last night with the 4G, I then turned it off (data) and it was still showing 4G and something using it!! I then unabled sync for a couple minutes, then turned it back on it was okay. Went into data to see what it might have been, as a lot of apps I have background restricted, and it showed nothing. Very strange. I have to add I also had wifi on (great coverage).

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
What's weird, mine did that last night with the 4G, I then turned it off (data) and it was still showing 4G and something using it!! I then unabled sync for a couple minutes, then turned it back on it was okay. Went into data to see what it might have been, as a lot of apps I have background restricted, and it showed nothing. Very strange. I have to add I also had wifi on (great coverage).
So my data use is off the charts, and is using it when I'm on WiFi.... In background. It started just missing some texts, but bigger now.
I turned off data and turned back on and 4g is fine for now in WiFi.....

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe its a problem with auto retrieve/auto download in android since 5.0?

I have this issue but I use another messaging app as default.
I have both auto retrieve and auto download disabled due to not being patched for the StageFright bug.
What I have to do sometimes is close the messaging app in the recent panel and then try to download manually.
It works for me and things don't download on their own.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
So my data use is off the charts, and is using it when I'm on WiFi.... In background. It started just missing some texts, but bigger now.
I turned off data and turned back on and 4g is fine for now in WiFi.....

First thing I'd do is reboot the phone into safe mode to make sure it's not an app issue.

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I believe its a problem with auto retrieve/auto download in android since 5.0?

I have this issue but I use another messaging app as default.
I have both auto retrieve and auto download disabled due to not being patched for the StageFright bug.
What I have to do sometimes is close the messaging app in the recent panel and then try to download manually.
It works for me and things don't download on their own.
This makes total sense. I was having issues with textra (which has been perfect for years) and I switched to messenger. What I noticed was that messages were getting hung up and not downloaded, and I think that is why the 4g icon would stay in notification area. Textra wouldn't tell me what message was hung.... Just unknown and messenger would try to download in individuals thread, so I at least knew who sent.
I will try your thought next time it occurs... Gracias!

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you have "Avoid bad WiFi connections" enabled? Maybe that's causing the issue and it's conflicting somewhere?

Screenshot_2015-10-07-07-34-53.jpg

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
For me, the 4GLTE icon is always in the notification area, regardless if WiFi is on and connected or not.

Though, I don't notice any additional data being used on 4G when I'm connected to WiFi.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
For me, the 4GLTE icon is always in the notification area, regardless if WiFi is on and connected or not.

Though, I don't notice any additional data being used on 4G when I'm connected to WiFi.

Mine Never shows 4G along with Wifi at the same time. Only that one weird instance. I know my friend has Tmobile and hers shows both. She said in order for her to send a mms message she must turn wifi off first. That could be a pain. When (with AT&T) we send mms it automatically kicks on to send mms then off again.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine Never shows 4G along with Wifi at the same time. Only that one weird instance. I know my friend has Tmobile and hers shows both. She said in order for her to send a mms message she must turn wifi off first. That could be a pain. When (with AT&T) we send mms it automatically kicks on to send mms then off again.

Odd. Maybe it's a Verizon thing? I just connected to WiFi here at work and it's still showing the 4G, but it's not active. Though, occasionally I'll see the up/down arrows light up, but it's rare and very quick.Screenshot_2015-10-07-10-56-23.jpg

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm att, and this is correct and my thought was it was stuck in send mode.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, ****.

How do they expect us to help one another if every carrier is so vastly different from one another? Ridiculous.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Our Switch to Mobile Data, under Advanced Wifi, is basically the same thing. Says, Switch automatically to mobile data when Internet unavailable via Wi-Fi. (AT&T)

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Our Switch to Mobile Data, under Advanced Wifi, is basically the same thing. Says, Switch automatically to mobile data when Internet unavailable via Wi-Fi. (AT&T)
I saw that... But I'm gunshy to change anything right now, as I haven't had an issue in two days... Do you have that checked?

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Another I found out, particularly with Textra. If an MMS is to big it will not inform you of that and it will keep trying to send. I switched back to the stock messaging app because of that.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I saw that... But I'm gunshy to change anything right now, as I haven't had an issue in two days... Do you have that checked?

No, I don't. Only have allow wifi scanning checked. Oh and Wifi notification is checked.

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
So I had this happen again when two texts from a group thread hung.... I paused one and the other downloaded but the 4g wouldn't go away and data was being used. I had to go to data manager and then mobile data off for thirty seconds and turn back on. It worked. What is causing this month's after having this phone without this issue?