Swipe and PIN to unlock is very annoying.

scooter6172

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Got the Android™ Nougat OS update for my LG G5 today and now I have to swipe to unlock screen BEFORE entering PIN to unlock phone. Why? I can not get this turned off and it's very annoying. Any help appreciated.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah-Big percentage of Android users going to reject these
uncosulted New "N=Nougat" features that create extra
steps just to open the phone: All this is done on the
name of increase the so called security..but
Not to quickly access the phone functions
who agree on that: stay Tuned at AC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the considerations was probably that if the screen goes straight to the PIN entry, there's an increased risk of accidental touches (e.g., if the screen is inadvertently turned on while in your pocket). Accidental touches can lead to incorrect PIN attempts, and depending on the phone, too many unlock attempts can potentially lock you out (or worse yet, wipe the phone). Requiring a swipe first reduces this risk.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
One of the considerations was probably that if the screen goes straight to the PIN entry, there's an increased risk of accidental touches (e.g., if the screen is inadvertently turned on while in your pocket). Accidental touches can lead to incorrect PIN attempts, and depending on the phone, too many unlock attempts can potentially lock you out (or worse yet, wipe the phone). Requiring a swipe first reduces this risk.

:cool: Is a fairly concern to address, but as you know it the vast majority of Android
users don't care too much about >>Those risky security scenarious..But we'll
see how "N" Nougat performs, when get downloaded in the Samsung
phones, then we'll be able To do better reviews: SeeYa!

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
On both my my Samsung and my Pixel, I only have to swipe first when I've powered the phone off and the on or if I've not touched one of the devices for a few days

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
The OP=Question: Request solutions to disable the new swipe
required, before Enter the unlock PIN to access His-her
phone functionality..after installed the Nougat version