T-Mobile Software Update

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got a prompt for an update to my Tmo LG G6. All I see as being difference is that the Security update is up to April 1 2017. That's good. Any security update is always good. Has anyone else received the update?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Could be a placebo effect or the fact that the phone just rebooted but it feels like the camera is opening faster.

Again, it probably has nothing to do with the update but I'm waiting to see the changelog on T-Mobiles site.

Along Security update, T-Mobile also fixed some of the regular bugs and improves system stability and performance.

Last edited:

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Could be a placebo affect or the fact that the phone just rebooted but it feels like the camera is opening faster.

Again, it probably has nothing to do with the update but I'm waiting to see the changelog on T-Mobiles site.

It actually DOES seem to open a little faster...but maybe it's just the power of suggestion. :D

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
defintely seems like the camera loads up faster, ill have to keep an eye on that. i was also noticing a strange battery drain, that i didnt seem to have for the first couple of weeks, that i couldnt pinpoint and if that will disappear as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
defintely seems like the camera loads up faster, ill have to keep an eye on that. i was also noticing a strange battery drain, that i didnt seem to have for the first couple of weeks, that i couldnt pinpoint and if that will disappear as well.

That is awesome -- my one grip was camera launch speed. If that has been fixed .. well damn .. Wish I still had my G6 :p.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That is awesome -- my one grip was camera launch speed. If that has been fixed .. well damn .. Wish I still had my G6 :p.

From the screen off using the volume rocker, mines opening in 1.15 to 1.18 seconds consistently. From the app button its opening in 1.03 to 1.06 seconds. The phone isnt in deep sleep obviously from testing speeds so Ill look at that speed in a bit.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From the screen off using the volume rocker, mines opening in 1.15 to 1.18 seconds consistently. From the app button its opening in 1.03 to 1.06 seconds. The phone isnt in deep sleep obviously from testing speeds so Ill look at that speed in a bit.

Yeah on my Verizon variant it was pretty slow. Once up it was fine but launching with the double click from being off took longer then I am used to. It was a big issue since I like to try and capture the nephew ASAP since he doesn't like to sit around :p.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah on my Verizon variant it was pretty slow. Once up it was fine but launching with the double click from being off took longer then I am used to. It was a big issue since I like to try and capture the nephew ASAP since he doesn't like to sit around :p.

How long does it take to go into deep sleep? 5 minutes long enough or do I need to wait longer?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

2.11 to 2.15 seconds from a deep sleep. Not sure how that compares to pre-update but it seems pretty reasonable.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question...but how are you timing to the hundredth of a second?
Stopwatch. I click start when I hit the button the 2nd time and stop as soon as I see the camera. I'm sure it's even faster than what I posted because my reflexes went away many years ago lol. I tested it 5 times each and posted the highest and lowest number I got.

searchmaven

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded last night and I've experienced a bunch of calls today where the person on the other end can't hear me. Happened when dialing and receiving a call. And I don't mean low volume. I can hear them fine but they can't hear me at all. Not consistent but happened enough that there's clearly a problem. Most likely related to my handset and not the update itself but who knows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo