Need some expert help asap!!!

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I FINALLY got my phone back from the twilight zone and got it back to factory settings by studying all manner of posts. But now I need some direct help. I'd been running CM7 for quite some time and grew bored with it and what can I say? Im a "tinkerer. And I need to put a different ROM on once in awhile. I screwed my phone up by flashing ZVH ont a ZVD and all hell broke loose and now Ive been up for 36 hours trying to get it back in order! But I did it by all by myself and got it back! YAY for THIS n00b!!!! Im learning and am willing to learn EVERYTHING!! So is there anyone out there who can talk me through putting mnomROM on and get this paperweight going again. I cant help myself when it comes to messing with computers phones and all manner of electronic things :) , and I have to mess with everything LOL!!
So is there anyone out there right now who can help talk me through putting in a new ROM? Ive got Google Talk at theridge@gmail.com. I have to get this done!!! Otherwise I wont get any sleep!! So im throwing myself on the mercy of the experts here. CAN SOMEONE HELP THIS CURIOUS, ALWAYS LEARNING n00b?? Please get in touch with me and let me know. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! But I send out the SOS right now. If someone has the time, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll wash your dog,Buy you some new deodorant, fix you dinner, or something. Just please get in touch with me.I've been up for 36 hours working on this beast and I'd like to get some sleep!! So I'll be here for awhile. THANKS!!!
RIDGE :) :D :p :confused:theridge@gmail.com

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
what exactly is your question? how to install your-mom-rom?

HAHA, yeah, I guess in a roundabout way, yes. I was getting punchy and just kept typing. Im surprised anyone understood it. Then from being up so long, I passed out for 3 hours. Im sorry. But basically, my question is, how do I root my phone again as to not change it from ZVD to ZVH again and is momROM installable into my phone.
Thanks for your response and I apologize for crashing out on you. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it greatly.
Thanks.
Ridge :-! :confused: :-[

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh and BTW, 001100010010011110100001101101110011 needs to be divisable by 8 to make any sense ')
)
Ridge ;)

Don't forget...

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For YourMOM, you will need to be on ZVH radio. Then HydroROM will be coming soon :D

If you are on ZVD now, follow the guides to move to a rooted ZVH, install Xionia recovery and then flash YourMOM

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Mike! Cant wait for HydroROM!! I'll be first in line to try that one! Sounds promising!! The problem Im having now is that I had Xionia Recovery on my phone. I dont even know how I rooted it to ZVH in the first place, but someone told me that since my phone is originally ZVD, that momROM wont work on my phone. VERY confused. (what else is new, right? LOL)
Ridge :)

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Someone will help you after their vision returns :)

LOL Im sorry, Im partially sighted, so I use big fonts and colors. Didnt mean to knock your eyeballs out ;)
But my problem is still standing. I need someone to walk me through the process again. I dont do so well with "book learning" Im better at hands on ;P lol!! Thanks!!

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
LOL Im sorry, Im partially sighted, so I use big fonts and colors. Didnt mean to knock your eyeballs out ;)
But my problem is still standing. I need someone to walk me through the process again. I dont do so well with "book learning" Im better at hands on ;P lol!! Thanks!!

Yourmom is for zvh not zvd. You'll have to access stock(v9) recovery and flash the update.zip for zvh. Then root your device. Then custom recovery again. Flashing yourmom is worth the work;) There are one-click apps for rooting zvh as well.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yourmom is for zvh not zvd. You'll have to access stock(v9) recovery and flash the update.zip for zvh. Then root your device. Then custom recovery again. Flashing yourmom is worth the work;) There are one-click apps for rooting zvh as well.

This is not entirely true. You no longer need v9 recovery to root stock zvh. If you have a custom recovery now, download the ZVH update.zip (which can be found in about 4 threads here). Place it on the root of your SD card. Flash stock recovery (i recommend using the links in the ZVH rooting thread), then run the update. If i remember correctly, you really dont even need to flash stock recovery, you can run the zvh update.zip twice and this will do the same thing.

This will give you stock recovery, stock zvh, unrooted.

Then, root ZVH.

Flash Xionia recovery.

Flash your mom.

Profit.

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, dumb question. Do I flash the ZVD zip FIRST before I root? Or do I root first then flash yhr zvd zip? And what is the file named so I kmow what im looking for? I know om frustrating n00b, bit if im to learn this stuff, id like to learn it the right way so I can pay it forward if anyone ever asks foe help and I can properly give advice. Thanx a million, I owe you a box of pantylliners lol! J/K, dont mind me, im weird to begin with, plus im punchy from lack of sleep lol. I cant rest when I know theres stuff to be dome with my phone. Im the same way when it comes to my puter when its down. Ah, hell, who am I kidding? Im just strange all around lol! I DO appreciate all your help. Okay?
Thanx,
Ridge :) :p

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, dumb question. Do I flash the ZVD zip FIRST before I root? Or do I root first then flash yhr zvd zip? And what is the file named so I kmow what im looking for? I know om frustrating n00b, bit if im to learn this stuff, id like to learn it the right way so I can pay it forward if anyone ever asks foe help and I can properly give advice. Thanx a million, I owe you a box of pantylliners lol! J/K, dont mind me, im weird to begin with, plus im punchy from lack of sleep lol. I cant rest when I know theres stuff to be dome with my phone. Im the same way when it comes to my puter when its down. Ah, hell, who am I kidding? Im just strange all around lol! I DO appreciate all your help. Okay?
Thanx,
Ridge :) :p

OK here is what you are going to do:

Assuming you want to be on ZVH baseband, running Your Mom/Opti-ROM/gROM:

Resources:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-how-rooting-ls670zvh-links-root-zvd-zv9.html
You can find the ZVH update.zip download in that thread.

THIS IS ASSUMING YOU HAVE A STOCK RECOVERY:

Step 1: Download the ZVH update.zip file.
Step 2: Place on root of SD card. Please be sure it is named "update.zip", not "update.zip.zip" or any other term.
Step 3: Boot into recovery. [PWR][VOL DWN][MENU] release at LG splash.
Step 4: Run update.zip from recovery. This will write stock zvh gingerbread, and ask you to update the radio. Say yes.
Step 5. ROOT ZVH android using this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...0zvh-100-automated-no-revert-wipe-needed.html
Step 6: still using that thread, install Xionia CWMA, enabling you to flash custom ROMS.
Step 7: Flash Your Mom Rom, or wait for Hydro ROM.
Step 8: Donate to sfhub and team hydro for all their awesome work.
Step 9: Do a little dance.
Step 10: Make a little love
Step 11: Get down tonight.

Reactions: TheRidge

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This is not entirely true. You no longer need v9 recovery to root stock zvh. If you have a custom recovery now, download the ZVH update.zip (which can be found in about 4 threads here). Place it on the root of your SD card. Flash stock recovery (i recommend using the links in the ZVH rooting thread), then run the update. If i remember correctly, you really dont even need to flash stock recovery, you can run the zvh update.zip twice and this will do the same thing.

This will give you stock recovery, stock zvh, unrooted.

Then, root ZVH.

Flash Xionia recovery.

Flash your mom.

Profit.

Sweet I did not know this! Thanks on the heads up.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Alright, what im about to ask will probably give some of you laughing fits all day! But Ive been reading over the ways to root and change my phone over from ZVD to ZVH. I was going over a couple where I need to use my command prompt.WELL, Im using my partner's computer since mine's dead and when I open her cmd prompt, I cant seem to just get to the C: prompt because when I open up her command prompt, it's C:\blah blah blah\Sarah's documents blah blah blah.and when I type C: to get the c prompt, all that crap after the c: is still there. Ive tried to type in the instructions that the instructions say to, and I get "C:\ is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file" Ive never been really good at using the c prompt (NO DUH, you couldnt tell huh?) and Im not sure how to use her c prompt to type in what I need to to switch over my phone from ZVD to ZVH so I can flash momROM. Im getting really frustrated with this as a lot of you trying to help me are, but I HAVE to get this done! I CANT STAND Sprint's bloatware and the lack of internal space that comes with it!! So if anyone has any ideas, Im STILL here and yes, STILL awake. Im sure once I get it accomplished, I wont have the energy to enjoy the new ROM or putting my APPs back on it! LOL I'll probably just collapse with my fixed phone on my chest and sleep all day long hahaha!! HELP!!!!! If there's anyone willing to talk me through this, my Google Talk is theridge@gmail.com. and Im here and waiting. My name is Chris and Im about to lose my mind (HA! who am I trying to fool?? My mind's been gone for DAYS!!!!!!! LOL) Anyhow, I'd appreciate any and all help. And maybe I just might have the energy to "do a little dance" "make a little love" and "Get down tonight" LMAO!!!!
Thanx,
Ridge :-[ :confused:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Click the start button in windows, you should have a search field right there. Type "cmd.exe " into it and hit enter. Then open it!

Reactions: TheRidge

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
[LOL I know I seem to have the IQ of a houseplant, but I DO know how to pull up my cmd prompt. It was the "cd" that I was forgetting to type in. LOL I TOLD ya im tired LOL!!! I
I'll be alright, I just need some sleep. So Ive got the root, but now I need to do the update.zip and install the recovery and everything "SHOULD" be jake. But knowing me, Im sure I'll find SOMETHING to brainfart over! LOL so stay tuned kiddies hehehe!!!
Thanks for everyone's attempts to teach this !! you ALL deserve medals!!!
Ridge :D[ZE="3"][/SIZE]
Click the start button in windows, you should have a search field right there. Type "cmd.exe " into it and hit enter. Then open it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa