Making a flashable zip

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello people I want to learn how to make a flash able zip over my phone or on the computer
My plan:
Switch out files on jellybean rom from my phone after extracted then I would like to repack it if at all possible
What I wanna know:
How to make flashable zip through computer
Also through my phone

If someone could tell me or point me to a guide that would be great thank you all

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I mean I'm not very good at this stuff but I would guess that if everything is in the right place in the file ur going to turn into a rom or whatever it is, then u can just zip it up... which idk how to do so figure that one out

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I mean I'm not very good at this stuff but I would guess that if everything is in the right place in the file ur going to turn into a rom or whatever it is, then u can just zip it up... which idk how to do so figure that one out

It won't be flashable

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the Meta-INF folder or whatever it's called from other VM stuff. Like, when I port GingerSnap, and those, I use the zips already made. Search XDA. I know there was a guide there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the Meta-INF folder or whatever it's called from other VM stuff. Like, when I port GingerSnap, and those, I use the zips already made. Search XDA. I know there was a guide there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks tgl

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Jstntp has a blank flash able zip in one of these threads, all you need do is drop your Apks in with 7zip or the like and flash. I will see if I can track it down. You just need to make sure the updated script has permissions to flash to the location you want. I know his won't flash into data if I recall.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edit. Check out this http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1709259

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny5449

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes but is there a way I can edit flash able zips over my phone because I'm on the go now school started

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes but is there a way I can edit flash able zips over my phone because I'm on the go now school started

I suppose you can use a file manager like root exploror to extract, add what ever you like then rezip it. Upload it to dropbox to share and you are set.