Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    If you're on vm, it's probably the build.prop needs updating. So just an edit would be needed
    I am indeed on VM, so that's it then. Thanks! Great work by the way. I get mobile data drop every so often, but I expected that. Otherwise, so good! And int2ext+ works incredibly well for me. I've used several of the other cronmod scripts before, but would still get out of space errors. Tons of apps installed, and no problems so far. Thanks again!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

FUN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

Thanks so much for your hard work and effort! I was tempted for the past few weeks to finally upgrade, as I was getting tired of the clunky interface on my personal phone, but this JB Rom just took my trusty ole Optimus to a whole 'nother level!

Now I just need to figure out how to update my baseband radio. I'm still running ZV9.....

Switched over from SlimBean to check out PAC build. I installed JBC a28 build, then dirty flashed PAC build. WiFi works, but like thekraven said, you get the process.acore error. Also, I can confirm that the VM fix for JBC will work with this. No need to manually put build prop from VM fix to PAC build prop. Just flash like normal. So far, the only other issue i found is, when trying to enter keyboard settings from main settings menu, you get the process.acore settings error and it closes out. But, you can enter keyboard settings from the keyboard. So far, this ROM is amazing. Crossing fingers and hoping for future updates to this. I flashed this with cron's a2sd+ and CrossBreeder (similar to Seeder but with more options). All in all, FANTASTIC job!!!

EDIT: With further testing, i'm getting the process.acore error when opening dialer and it closes out of the dialer.

Sent from my ZombieBean-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by dingermtb; 02-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Did you grab the latest titanium bu from the market. There's some fixes for 4.2 jb. And there's a modded in2ext script for jb 4.2 @xda. Most scripts are having problems with the latest 4.2 jb.
    Thanks Kraven! The fixed int2ext worked like a charm, and the latest tibu finished a large batch restore with no problems. Here's the link for the fixed int2ext:

[SHARE]Fixed INT2EXT , INT2EXT+ & INT2EXT4+ FOR Android 4.2.X - xda-developers

I absolutely love this rom now that I have room for my apps. Everything is fast and smooth. I love the lockscreen widget option in 4.2.x. Seriously, great work!
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

clean flash pac rom with virgin fix 3 patch gives me incoming mms. missed that on jbc.
    lovely work.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Does the kernel in A28 have USB fast charge?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

unsigned flashable zip, temporary patch for wifi on PAC (not dirty flashed, clean install.)
    flash whenever before or after first boot.
    is just /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf from JBC a28.
    worked for me, as always flashing stuff is at your own risk.
    /edit/ surprise, flashable doesn't seem to work. have to cram the file in manually with adb or terminal.
    here is the file itself... had to tack on a .doc for the forum to accept the upload. just remove the .doc to use.
    wpa_supplicant.conf.doc
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 02-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    donate!
    Thanked by 3:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Sweet. Something I didn't even look at. I've been diff Pac sources and JBC sources. Thanks
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Sweet. Something I didn't even look at. I've been diff Pac sources and JBC sources. Thanks
    the only part of the dirty flash that seemed to affect the wifi was /data. I was able to format everything else without borking wifi on a dirty flash.
    so I used meld on /data from a dirty flash and clean flash after first boot.
    donate!
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #160  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I think my file format for the wpa_supplicant.conf file was wrong. It's fixed now in build2 and added some missing permissions. Wifi is fixed now thanks to bigsupersquid. Maybe I'll make a new thread or maybe not. Added a virgin mobile fix for this rom.

Feel free to build and contribute.

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/tpcmn/android.git -b cm-10.1-legacy
    repo sync
    #Building for thunderc
    ./build-pac.sh thunderc

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post2606677
    Last edited by thekraven; 02-27-2013 at 12:21 AM.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

PAC rom is great! Awesome work!

I noticed that the bottom 1/4 inch of the touch screen wasn't registering taps or swipes. Turns out that the "pie" toolbar target area is set to the bottom of the screen by default. Find that setting under toolbars and set it to none if you want the bottom of your touch screen back.

So many features my optimus has never seen before!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by upconvert; 02-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

I've noticed one bug with JBC and PAC. Normally to pause my music quickly, I just unplug my earbuds. However, when I do this on these roms, and plug the earbuds back in afterwords, I can't get any sound through them. The music will play over the phone speaker, no matter what until I reboot. Otherwise the audio routing seems fine. I only bring this up because you are one of the only devs for this phone who has been able to fix the audio routing on past roms, like cai. For now I just need to remind myself not to disconnect the earbuds, because I love your build of the PAC rom. I cannot believe that this rom has so many features, yet is still so fast and smooth. Seriously, great work Kraven!

Edit: I found a good workaround. If I pull out the earbuds and the audio pauses, I can restart the audio without the earbuds plugged in. The audio will come out of the speaker at full volume. Then I can plug in the earbuds and the audio will be fine. It sounds more complicated than it is. I'm just happy I don't have to reboot every time I pull out the earbuds while audio is playing.
    Last edited by upconvert; 03-13-2013 at 11:53 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #163  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Default Re: [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    I've noticed one bug with JBC and PAC. Normally to pause my music quickly, I just unplug my earbuds. However, when I do this on these roms, and plug the earbuds back in afterwords, I can't get any sound through them. The music will play over the phone speaker, no matter what until I reboot. Otherwise the audio routing seems fine. I only bring this up because you are one of the only devs for this phone who has been able to fix the audio routing on past roms, like cai. For now I just need to remind myself not to disconnect the earbuds, because I love your build of the PAC rom. I cannot believe that this rom has so many features, yet is still so fast and smooth. Seriously, great work Kraven!
    Check out post 88 of this thread for the old audio routing. There's also similar files to try buried in the slimrom thread.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Check out post 88 of this thread for the old audio routing. There's also similar files to try buried in the slimrom thread.
    Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them fixed it. The slim bean patches broke the audio all together, and the jbc patch didn't seem to have any effect. It's really not a big deal. Please don't waste a lot of time on it, but if you should happen to see any fixes, I'll test whatever.

For now I'm just gonna have to train myself to stop pulling out the ear buds. I'm definitely going to be on the PAC rom for a long time.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Does this messaging app rely on any files? And if so which ones?

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    I love this show
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    Does this messaging app rely on any files? And if so which ones?

Sent from my C5155 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    It used to be the framework.jar, frameworks-res.apk, apns-conf.xml, mms.apk. In jb 4.2, they moved a lot code out of framesworks base.
    Thanked by:

Unhappy Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by realmeister View Post
    Now I just need to figure out how to update my baseband radio. I'm still running ZV9.....
    I'm actually running ZV4. Is ZV9 better? and what else is there beside that? I'm on VM so if it's sprint-only, I guess I'm out of luck

Default Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Does voice search work with this rom? That's what was keeping me from playing more with JB - really need the voice functions in the car. If it does work, did you need to do anything to get it working, like installing a different version of any voice apps?

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Old school voice search works fine on jbc, PAC, and slim for things like making calls or dictating texts and emails. Ironically, you can't Google stuff with it. If you say random words into it, it will open Google in the browser, but not actually Google it.

Just download it from the play store, and add the icon to your desktop. The widget will only pull up the now search, you have to use the app icon to pull up old school voice search.

On jbc and PAC, Google now is working, in as far as you can get cards and scroll through results, but the Google now voice search doesn't work.

Don't let that keep you from trying these ROMs. They are great!

And, you can the keyboard mic button to input voice commands once g-now is open. It's an extra two keystrokes per command vs the stock experience. Not too bad.

Thanked by:
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

What settings are people using to optimize the speed on this ROM? I guess I'm struggling with the decrease in responsiveness... or maybe I'm just impatient?

ROM
    BobZ CM10

Need recommendations while my new 32 GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD (Class 10) card is on its way...it replaces the first-gen (never gonna do that ever again) Mobile Ultras SanDisk came out with 2 years ago...

This ROM is awesome. Except, I need to know several things:

1. The reboots have been frequent as of late. Is it because of the SD card or the ROM itself? My SD-EXT partition is set at 2.75 GB (a 16 gig card) formatted as ext2 with an allocation of 4 kb. Should it have been ext3? Also I am using SIO on the kernel and my OC settings are SmartassV2 at 768/480.

2. Should the EGL patch for the VM670 be ever flashed or are the EGL tweaks built-in and I just committed the cardinal sin of overkill?

3. I seem to have a consistent problem, especially in weak radio areas with my screen being stuck (in sleep I suppose) when I want to turn it on to see something immediately. That requires a battery pull and a restart. What's up with that and is there a remedy (my OV has the old Novatek screen) to that? I also notice in said weak radio areas that reboots happen more often.

Beyond that, the JBC rom is top-notch and TheKraven deserves his due props (and saving my wallet for a bit longer...)

UPDATE: Got my answer. One too many random reboots and ended up with a message at startup about a bad data partition and that I could "Feel Lucky" and put up with system instability. So it must have been the original INT2EXT script that did it in. Along with not using ext3 for my sd-ext.

Had to re-flash everything. This time using the fixed version of INT2EXT from a couple threads above. Halfway through the first part of TiBU restore. Second part is restoring Gmail w/o the data (turns out on the new version of the gmail app that restoring it completely results in the neutering of your ability to send emails) and my TeslaUnread plugin.

Now the new question is...when I get my new 32 gigger tomorrow evening...should I go fresh or back this one up and transfer everything to the new card and restore via Nandroid?
    Last edited by atrain2324; 02-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Thanked by:

Cant add tiles to notification bar. And bottom of the screen lags a little when I touch the space bar like that area...
    Also data is disconnecting... Any fixes?
    And battery is dying like my battery was at 100 after 10 minutes of using I'm at 80...
    Last edited by chcub1; 03-01-2013 at 09:26 AM.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by chcub1 View Post
    Cant add tiles to notification bar. And bottom of the screen lags a little when I touch the space bar like that area...
    Also data is disconnecting... Any fixes?
    And battery is dying like my battery was at 100 after 10 minutes of using I'm at 80...
    I could add tiles in JBC, but not PAC ROM. The battery drain is supposed to be worse when wifi is on, as stated in the OP. I seem to get better battery life with PAC as opposed to JBC, but it could just be placebo. Both seem to have pretty poor battery life compared to CAI. Worth the extra drain IMHO though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Battery drain is supposedly a feature Of Google Now across devices. I'm getting great battery life on PAC Rom. Try disabling GNow Background Location options!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast