[Themes] HoneycombS, Alpha7 and Orion *4/13/2011*

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, here we go, I ported over the almost final version of my Honeycomb theme from the HTC Hero, still need to theme the icons out to the new honeycomb ones.

I know this will work on ThundeRom, not sure about any others so if you'd like to test it out on any others feel welcome to and i'll update this post to reflect it.

Instructions:

1. Boot into recovery and make a backup
2. If coming from another theme, I'd suggest wiping your cache
3. Flash theme
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy

ThundeRom V1

snap20110308114253.png

Download

CM7 Version: 2.0

Updated: 4/02/11

Instructions:

1. Download both apks
2. Place both of them on the root of your sd card
3. Using a file explorer, install "InstallFirst.apk" then install HoneycombComboS.apk immediately after.
4. Open theme chooser
5. Select HoneycombS
6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

newhcc11.png

newhcc12.png

newhcc13.png

snap20110402210239.png

Install First apk
HoneycombComboS apk

Alpha 7

alphapreview.png

OK, here we go....:D

This is a port of my cm6.1 theme now for CM7
I redid a few images, mainly the battery and a few odds and ends....themed out Music, Genie, DeskClock and Power control widgets.
there are a few more things i'd like to do with this....;)

*edit* now fixed and with only 1 apk :D

Instructions:

1. Download apk
2. Place on the root of your sd card
3. Using a file explorer, install "alpha7_signed_11.apk"
4. Open theme chooser
5. Select alpha7
6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

Download: Alpha7

Addons:

Included in the attachments are several wallpapers, docks and if you use it, a widgetlocker theme (alphaextras). You do not flash....it's a wallpaper/docks pack that you unzip and place on your sdcard. Change accordingly! :D
plus there is a blank icon to use with the docks in a seperate attachment

*NEW*

themepreviewe.png

What is this?

This is a theme based off the popular MIUI rom

What it's not....

This is just the look, not the features the rom has...

If you would like more of an MIUI look, I would suggest downloading

Go Launcher EX
Go Contacts
Go SMS Pro

What is themed:

Framework and system ui
System icons

Todo list

Theme dialer
theme Contacts
a few more odds and ends :D

Instructions:

1. Download "Orion_signed.apk" located in the attachments of this post.
2. Place on the root of your sd card
3. Using a file explorer, install "Orion_signed.apk"
4. Open theme chooser
5. Select Orion
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

Download: Orion

Additional:

Also attached to this post is a zip file with some wallpapers and the dock used in the screenshot...if you'd like to use them just unzip to your sd card then change accordingly :D

Last edited:

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Changelog:

*4/13/2011*

Added Orion theme

*4/06/2011*

Added alpha 7 theme

*4/02/11*

Themed Dialer/Contacts
Themed Android Keyboard
Themed Stock Launcher
Added more Honeycomb Images from the SDK
Redid the battery icon, it's the honeycomb battery images resized and recolored to fit the theme better.

*3/30/11* Updated with workaround for current nightly

Explanation: The current nightly for CM7 is an awesome ROM but for some reason, the theme engine wasn't showing up any theme from any themer that was compiled on a windows machine. The previous work around with the preview picture was making the theme not show up in the chooser. Hence the two files.

The First apk has the preview picture intact, in this case it's not a real preview just a pic from the the template for testing purposes, but when you try to install, it says it is not compiled correctly.

The second apk, w/o the preview pic intact, when installed overtop the first apk will have the apk show up in the theme chooser and will let you apply it. :D :D :D

*3/27/11* Updated CM7 version

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
awesome, i'm currently working on a cm7 version for the theme engine...i should be done by this afternoon :D

Check out the LEGO thread and see what nick did for the themes post. It's a very good way of displaying multiple themes in a single post but still user friendly. I'd recommend a similar idea where you keep all your themes in 1 thread that way people aren't hunting and pecking for them and just rename this thread to whatever you'd like. You can edit the title yourself by selecting edit on the OP and change the title.

I look forward to seeing some more of these :)

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Check out the LEGO thread and see what nick did for the themes post. It's a very good way of displaying multiple themes in a single post but still user friendly. I'd recommend a similar idea where you keep all your themes in 1 thread that way people aren't hunting and pecking for them and just rename this thread to whatever you'd like. You can edit the title yourself by selecting edit on the OP and change the title.

I look forward to seeing some more of these :)

hmmm, i like that idea....thanks again :D

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
the cm7 version will be out later on tonight, it is a very very early beta but it has, for the most part, the basic overall look...still having trouble with a few images but those will be resolved soon :D

Reactions: FreddyFredFred

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
does this theme have a battery percentage meter where the battery is located (on the status bar) just like the ThundeROM theme ??

I only ask because I didnt see it on the main picture on the first post

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member