Mobile network disconnect problem

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a very odd problem for the past week or so. I have flashed a new ROM (was running stock VD earlier) and the problem remains, so I think I can rule out a weird issue with the software. About once a day or so my phone will randomly disconnect from the mobile network. If I go into settings the checkmark is still there and it says it is connected under phone status, but the 3g icon in the status bar is missing. I usually notice this when I try to send a text and get a failed text message error only to look up and see the 3g icon is gone. The only fix I have found is rebooting the phone or turning airplane mode on then off and then the 3g icon appears and I can once again send/receive sms. Any ideas?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a very odd problem for the past week or so. I have flashed a new ROM (was running stock VD earlier) and the problem remains, so I think I can rule out a weird issue with the software. About once a day or so my phone will randomly disconnect from the mobile network. If I go into settings the checkmark is still there and it says it is connected under phone status, but the 3g icon in the status bar is missing. I usually notice this when I try to send a text and get a failed text message error only to look up and see the 3g icon is gone. The only fix I have found is rebooting the phone or turning airplane mode on then off and then the 3g icon appears and I can once again send/receive sms. Any ideas?
what rom did you flash?

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
CleanROM, but I don't think it has to do with the rom as I was having the same issue with stock 2.2 (VD). All started about a week ago.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that every now and then idk what causes it but sometimes I don't have to reboot it if I toggle airplane mode on then back off sometimes it fixes it instead of having to reboot it. sometimes my data mode check box gets unchecked after I'm using wifi but when that happens I can check the box and enable it again (settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, data enabled.) I'm using hydro ROM. Hope this helps until you figure out what the problem is so you don't have to keep rebooting your phone.

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

Michael Goofy

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine does that every now and then idk what causes it but sometimes I don't have to reboot it if I toggle airplane mode on then back off sometimes it fixes it instead of having to reboot it. sometimes my data mode check box gets unchecked after I'm using wifi but when that happens I can check the box and enable it again (settings, wireless & networks, mobile networks, data enabled.) I'm using hydro ROM. Hope this helps until you figure out what the problem is so you don't have to keep rebooting your phone.

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

The app connection stabilizer booster automates these tasks like toggling airplane mode, reconnecting and keeping connection alive. A must try for this kind of problems. For me it was a saver. He is the link:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.connectionstabilizerbooster&token=_LJ8XL0G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87