Flashlight? or Other Fav App's

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am a new user of the Optimus, everytime I see it, or say it, I feel like saying Transform...and roll out.

Anyways,
I was wondering if there was a flashlight application for this, non-led since well LG wasnt nice enough to do that.

Just a plain white screen or whatever, I had some with my htc touch pro 2, but..cant seem to find anymore

Also, what are your favorite apps on this so far?

It is a cool phone, not as cool as evo, but...it will do :)

It is a carry over and intro phone to android systems until I feel I can handle a bigger phone.

Sorta like training wheels.

Any feedback would be great.

Ryan

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a new user of the Optimus, everytime I see it, or say it, I feel like saying Transform...and roll out.

Also, what are your favorite apps on this so far?

It is a cool phone, not as cool as evo, but...it will do :)
Hehe. Sometimes, I want to put the red snap-on case on it and theme it out just for that effect. :) It's predecessor was actually called the "Optimus One." How close can you tread to a trademark?

Must-have apps for me on this device:
PowerAMP (so worth the $5)
Wolfgang's Vault
QuickPic (smarter, faster drop-in replacement for Gallery3D)
Go SMS Pro
Go Contacts EX
Opera Mini
Zeam Launcher

With these few changes to Reborn and a hint of theming, I just love this little device.

Yeah, I'm still a little jealous of wielders of some other devices, but only a little. :) But then I have to ask myself, "What can they do on theirs that I can't do on mine?" Usually it amounts to games or some silly widget.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This questions comes up all the time. I have never really put in my 2 cents. And after reading so may, i feel there are a few great apps that I use, but that no one else seems to. This is my list of must have apps...even if you have to pay for em...although most are free or have a free version that is works well enough to convince you to buy em.

Color Flashlight (Notes) - lots o cool flashy things, word scrolling,neat blinky stuff i use to hail bus at night. color flashligh HD is cool too but works best with led flashes but thats the only real difference.

Titanium Back Up (Titanium Track) especially if you play games like drag racing or angry birds.

AdFree Android (BigTinCan) - blocks a majority of in-app ads.

File Expert (Geek Software Tech)- This is the first thing i download. always. Best free file explorer and root explorer out there.

screen filter(haxor) - lowers screen brightness lower than the lowest low. great for night time. for as bright as our screen is, i wonder how amoled screens dont cause blindness.

Mobo Player (Mobo Team) for videos and Power Amp for audio- both play everything ive asked em to and look good doing it, especially Power Amp...thats a top notch music player.

Flash 10.3 - Available here in the forums just search.

X-Scope Browser (x-scope mobile) - works well with flash...and i just like it best....personal preference.

***Batter Monitor Widget and ***System Tuner (formerly System Monitor Widget)
by 3c - Best for last, these are my must have must haves. The Dev is awesome. very good, well written so u can understand his emails and endlessly patient. Best apps to control system functions and monitor batter life. plus they work together so you can monitor system resource use and compare it to battery drain. beatufily graphs and cool cpu and memory tweaks. and as the names imply very informative and customizable widgets.

and a fun "Siri for droid" app is Jeannie (formerly Voice Actions) - check out the you tube videos by the dev. Hint: Change your phones voice with SVOX. Use the US English voice of Grace to give your phone a smoother prettier....sexier voice.

hope someone finds any one of these apps as useful as i do...big thanks to all the devs that make these.