LG Optimus S Broken Root Need Help!

Slim Dizzy

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys here is the situation: I rooted this LG Optimus S about 2 years ago, ill give you the specs soon. This is what happened, "and don't call me a traitor" :p so last year I bought an iphone 4s to experiment with a few exploits I had come across rebuilding my cousins iphone 4. Long story short my neighbor comes into the picture and asks if he can have my LG Optimus S. (Get Ready, I'm about to do what every one of you has done at least once) I say yes grab the phone power it up and go straight for the factory reset button, "you know that split second as your finger hovers the button and just before that last neuron can fire giving you the complete scenario your about to encounter, and then that fraction of a second after your thumb twitches into the button in spite of you.. and that roar that ecos the word F*** so loud the minors within a city block have to then be debriefed by the parents." yeah...

The specs:
before this incident I had s-off'd the phone, installed Recovery "RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM (which btw I am stuck in obv)
the rom I was running was the Thunderom (this is of course now the missing piece of the puzzle)

I had made a nandroid backup "like you do" but it is on an SD card that I cannot find to save my life, (life not really in jeopardy)

This is where I am now, the iphone that was ingeniously made of "glass" has since fallen to its shattered grave and THEN upon going to collect my precious rubble my right foot said "NO, let there be extensive water damage as well" stepped forward and kicked it ever so gently into the only puddle in a 3 mile radius (no real senses of local puddles was taken). so now i must resurrect this bad boy "WHO'S WITH ME!?" seriously I do need help...

So I now have the "Update.zip" (which only works with stock recovery) I however have yet to find this particular stock recovery in a working link. I have re-downloaded the sdk tookit the java developer kit and the phones drivers (upon installing the drivers the only 1 to fail was the "modem" driver all other drivers were installed.

now... I am sorry but it has been 2 years since I fired up this ADB badboy and I have since seemed to have forgotten how to actually turn this thing on. I double click ADB in platform tools and it pops my CMD scrolls a lot of unreadable info extremely fast, says thanks for playing then shuts off in my face. so...

please feel free to use programmer friendly terms (you don't have to dumb it up) I am well versed in this stuff, just need the refresh crash course. from what I have read once I figure out how to correctly fire up my ADB and can mount my SD card manually unzipping the factory recovery then move on to flashing the update zip to a 99% unrooted phone all in the exception that the S will indeed still be off. but whatevs as long as she makes calls baby!

ANY AND ALL INFO IS APPRICIATED AS ALWAYS and ofc if anyone else needs help with tech issues plz feel free to PM me and I will gladly assist in any way shape or form. thanks again all. sorry such a long post, hope the humor helps out :p

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys here is the situation: I rooted this LG Optimus S about 2 years ago, ill give you the specs soon. This is what happened, "and don't call me a traitor" :p so last year I bought an iphone 4s to experiment with a few exploits I had come across rebuilding my cousins iphone 4. Long story short my neighbor comes into the picture and asks if he can have my LG Optimus S. (Get Ready, I'm about to do what every one of you has done at least once) I say yes grab the phone power it up and go straight for the factory reset button, "you know that split second as your finger hovers the button and just before that last neuron can fire giving you the complete scenario your about to encounter, and then that fraction of a second after your thumb twitches into the button in spite of you.. and that roar that ecos the word F*** so loud the minors within a city block have to then be debriefed by the parents." yeah...

The specs:
before this incident I had s-off'd the phone, installed Recovery "RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM (which btw I am stuck in obv)
the rom I was running was the Thunderom (this is of course now the missing piece of the puzzle)

I had made a nandroid backup "like you do" but it is on an SD card that I cannot find to save my life, (life not really in jeopardy)

This is where I am now, the iphone that was ingeniously made of "glass" has since fallen to its shattered grave and THEN upon going to collect my precious rubble my right foot said "NO, let there be extensive water damage as well" stepped forward and kicked it ever so gently into the only puddle in a 3 mile radius (no real senses of local puddles was taken). so now i must resurrect this bad boy "WHO'S WITH ME!?" seriously I do need help...

So I now have the "Update.zip" (which only works with stock recovery) I however have yet to find this particular stock recovery in a working link. I have re-downloaded the sdk tookit the java developer kit and the phones drivers (upon installing the drivers the only 1 to fail was the "modem" driver all other drivers were installed.

now... I am sorry but it has been 2 years since I fired up this ADB badboy and I have since seemed to have forgotten how to actually turn this thing on. I double click ADB in platform tools and it pops my CMD scrolls a lot of unreadable info extremely fast, says thanks for playing then shuts off in my face. so...

please feel free to use programmer friendly terms (you don't have to dumb it up) I am well versed in this stuff, just need the refresh crash course. from what I have read once I figure out how to correctly fire up my ADB and can mount my SD card manually unzipping the factory recovery then move on to flashing the update zip to a 99% unrooted phone all in the exception that the S will indeed still be off. but whatevs as long as she makes calls baby!

ANY AND ALL INFO IS APPRICIATED AS ALWAYS and ofc if anyone else needs help with tech issues plz feel free to PM me and I will gladly assist in any way shape or form. thanks again all. sorry such a long post, hope the humor helps out :p

The update zip will work on a custom recovery. If I remember correctly, you will have to flash it twice. One for the stock recovery and rom, and then flashing it again for the radio.

Sent from my LG-LS970

Slim Dizzy

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The update zip will work on a custom recovery. If I remember correctly, you will have to flash it twice. One for the stock recovery and rom, and then flashing it again for the radio.

Sent from my LG-LS970

no such luck, throws error cant mount cache recovery log
still did double flash, didn't change
tried adb with the stock recovery .img file but cant even get the damn SD card to mount
tried mounting sd card manually in the recovery but that didn't change anything
idk man my head hurts and I have lost much sleep over this in 2 days. need a phone for work and don't have an uprgrade or hundreds to buy one outright. this is all I got

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
There are methods to unbrick the optimus s in its section of the forums. You'll have to look there for more information. It might be what your looking, but if it doesn't work, the optimus s isn't that expensive on eBay.

Sent from my LG-LS970

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89