On my Optimus F6, why aren't my contacts syncing?

lmarisy

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Optimus F6 Contact Sync Probllems.

Hello everyone, I have my F6 running the stock rom but it is rooted and i went to add a contact earlier and noticed the only options i had was to save to either Phone or Sim, no Gmail account, then out of curiosity i went to settings and sync and under the email address where it shows everything i have set to sync, Contacts doesn't even show up there im stumped here have been searching all over the net for a way to resolve this to no avail if anyone could please help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Louie
:-\

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Optimus F6 Contact Sync Probllems.

Rooting - if it's done properly - just adds 1 (and maybe 2) files to the system folder (the "SuperSU 'binaries'", su and busybox) and one app - Superuser, SuperSU or something similar. It has no effect on contacts or sync, because neither of them needs root, so they don't call on su, so they're unaware that it's there.

Either something else went wrong, or whatever program or app you used to root the phone did something in addition to rooting, which caused a problem. (It has to somehow trick the phone into giving it temporary root, because you can't copy su to the system folder unless you're rooted, which you're trying to do - so it's a Catch 22 except for the fact that there's usually some flaw (exploit) in every ROM, including the stock ones, that allows the rooting program to get root. The exploit it uses, and the way it uses it, can cause problems if it's not used right. Some developers are just better than others. Also, sometimes, something just goes wrong.)

If it were my phone, I'd probably back everything up, apps and data, then flash CWM or TWRP recovery (so I could keep ROM backups that I know work), and a new stock ROM for the phone. (I'm about to restore a backed up ROM as soon as the battery finshes recharging, because something I did recently is causing the battery to drain almost 100% in 12 hours, and it's easier to restore a working ROM than to try to figure out what I did that caused the problem.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87