A fix for System UIDs inconsistent error

DerDoktor

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi ALL!
well I've gotten this annoying message on my Verizon LG Optimus Zone 2 (LG-VS415PP):

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".

well merd, searched all over the internet...tried fixing permissions an all, even just doin what it says, doing a factory reset, all to no avail, well after many reboots an many days later, finally the message just stopped; Well I tried to get some more ROM space back ,so I put 'contacts', 'hangouts' in user space and got rid of 'help' and 'live wallpapers', BANG! there's that same old error, IT CAME BACK!, so here's how I fixed it: I have Titanium Backup and Link2sd on mine so I clear all app/sys caches, then, cleanup dalvik-cache, and 2nd partition.- then rebooted,
YEA!!!! IT WORKED!!! :cool:
so...someone might wanna try doing that in the future...sure was easier than a factory reset...I just had reinstalled and backed up everything and looking all over the internet yielded no help.
Well good luck everyone - Cheerio :D

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi ALL!
well I've gotten this annoying message on my Verizon LG Optimus Zone 2 (LG-VS415PP):

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" followed with an option to click a button saying "I'm feeling lucky".

well merd, searched all over the internet...tried fixing permissions an all, even just doin what it says, doing a factory reset, all to no avail, well after many reboots an many days later, finally the message just stopped; Well I tried to get some more ROM space back ,so I put 'contacts', 'hangouts' in user space and got rid of 'help' and 'live wallpapers', BANG! there's that same old error, IT CAME BACK!, so here's how I fixed it: I have Titanium Backup and Link2sd on mine so I clear all app/sys caches, then, cleanup dalvik-cache, and 2nd partition.- then rebooted,
YEA!!!! IT WORKED!!! :cool:
so...someone might wanna try doing that in the future...sure was easier than a factory reset...I just had reinstalled and backed up everything and looking all over the internet yielded no help.
Well good luck everyone - Cheerio :D

Thanks for sharing!