Pre-Order Date?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, but will the unlocked version be a full player in the T-Mobile world with respect to bands/frequencies, wifi calling, and visual voicemail? Or will there be a T-Mo tweaked version that's a separate model?

That's the review I'm waiting for.

malifact

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but will the unlocked version be a full player in the T-Mobile world with respect to bands/frequencies, wifi calling, and visual voicemail? Or will there be a T-Mo tweaked version that's a separate model?

That's the review I'm waiting for.

Has this happened before with other phones sold by B&H? I always thought they were sold fully unlocked.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Has this happened before with other phones sold by B&H? I always thought they were sold fully unlocked.

Fully SIM-unlocked is one thing. Fully compatible with any given carrier on which you choose to use it, that's another thing.

Some factory unlocked phones come without bands that might be unusual, or even unique to a carrier. So a factory unlocked phone might MOSTLY work on AT&T or T-Mobile, for example, but not fully. And then there are the carrier-specific features such as T-Mo's wifi calling and visual voicemail.

You will see this when you dive into the actual model numbers. It may be that B&H sells one model number, AT&T another, and T-Mobile yet another.

Blackberry did it right a year go when they brought out the Priv--unlocked, available directly from Blackberry. But stick a T-Mobile SIM into it, and all the T-Mo goodies download and fire up. And it had all the necessary bands for T-Mobile. BB planned this very carefully from the beginning, and worked directly with T-Mobile to make it happen that way.

I don't give anyone else enough credit to plan that carefully, frankly. You'll have to show me before I believe it works. My guess is, someone like LG would want a commitment from T-Mobile to buy X hundred thousand of them before LG would engineer it to T-Mobile's specs in any way.

Let's hope I'm wrong. But the cynic in me says I'm not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty