LG V20 Battery Life?

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Wish I could figure out how people get these 4-6 hour SOT times. I usually get 3 hours with 15% left at the end of the day. 1 gmail, 1 work mail on push, some facebook(I've heard this is a big battery drain I guess), web broswing, texting, hardly ever actually talk on the phone lol.

Today was different, was using the camera quite a bit today. At 30% with 2:45 screen on time. So I take it its the data from web browsing and facebook thats eating my battery.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wish I could figure out how people get these 4-6 hour SOT times. I usually get 3 hours with 15% left at the end of the day. 1 gmail, 1 work mail on push, some facebook(I've heard this is a big battery drain I guess), web broswing, texting, hardly ever actually talk on the phone lol.

Today was different, was using the camera quite a bit today. At 30% with 2:45 screen on time. So I take it its the data from web browsing and facebook thats eating my battery.
Some people might have different apps running than you, different brightness, you may have high-accuracy location services turned on. That kind of thing.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had the v10 and now the V20. Same apps on both. Doing the same thing on the V20 that I did on the v10 and battery life so far is much better. I'm guessing it's nougat and the 820 processor. Just my opinion. 😁

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I think it depends on how strong a signal you get. Weak signal is a battery killer. Yesterday I got 6.5 hours sot but I was at home all day on WiFi. But I was on the phone a lot while watching football. Today with a lot of calls and GPS I got just over 5 hours. The battery is really good for me. I also close put apps that I know drain the battery. Like espn always drains a lot so I close it when I'm done.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you measure your SOT? WIth a third party app?
I use Gsam a lot, which shows it in the main screen.
0c39321f073d63a04f60ab3d56c06f71.jpg

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I get somewhere between 4-5 hours on average. I listen to a lot of music and so I'm sure the dac eats up some extra power. I could see people getting 5+ hours under the right usage conditions.