Removing shutter sound?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I know on the s3 there's a file called features.xml , it contains a bunch of true/false options like on/off. They control various features of the phone, I'm unsure what the line is called if you can find it and upload it I may be able to check it out, I can't check since the viper we have isn't mine I'm not allowed to root it.

Trust me though I'm quite knowledgeable, I've been in the forums a while and will know the line when I see it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its only illegal in certain states in the us, I'm pretty sure the CIA/FBI does it all the time anyway... oh wait their the government/allowed :*-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
They require it in Japan, since that culture is so demented, that there was an epidemic of men taking pictures up women's skirts

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
They require it in Japan, since that culture is so demented, that there was an epidemic of men taking pictures up women's skirts

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

I don't know why, but I laughed at this post for like five minutes straight. Thank you sir. You have just made my night! :)

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Its a fairly new thing they've added to sprint handsets, now that video i posted was obv on GB, going to root now on ICS and see if the same applies, (never worked w/ ics yet ;\)

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Its a fairly new thing they've added to sprint handsets, now that video i posted was obv on GB, going to root now on ICS and see if the same applies, (never worked w/ ics yet ;\)

It worked but i had to put my phone on silent. If you leave your volume up it will still make the sound

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
This was the instrucs for my optimus cm7, looks to be the same on cm9 just camera click.
navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It worked but i had to put my phone on silent. If you leave your volume up it will still make the sound
Yes, i mean prior to that if you had it on silent it would still shutter.
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

This was the instrucs for my optimus cm7, looks to be the same on cm9 just camera click.
navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and rename camera_snapshot.ogg to camera_snapshot.ogg.bak and then when you take pics there won't be any shutter sound.

Or put a blank .ogg,

- - - Updated - - -

Or put a blank .ogg,

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I paid for DroidCamX , so to the guy who said the thing about japan, I'll gladly leave my phone in like a womens bathroom hidden and give you IP access for....$199.99/Day. =P

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
N0ve, it looks like the files in that folder are orphans, the resources of the camera are all built into the app, so you just have to extract, and repackage.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
N0ve, it looks like the files in that folder are orphans, the resources of the camera are all built into the app, so you just have to extract, and repackage.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Now they are...not at the time I posted that present update. ;p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Marco, the shutter sound is forced. Silent mode don't work. Do u even own a viper?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums