Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus ICS 4.04

Default Re: [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

Apparently NOOOOOO. Would be nice to at least see the speaker phone fixed

I'm sure TDM has been busy with something though.

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (CM9)

Well...things have been a little quiet here.
    But like Rid said, tdm is probably busy cooking up some special stuff. ;D
    I also got my hands on the long forgotten Dell Streak 7 Tab, if anyone can recall. haha...
    It's hard to get ICS on that Tab as well... q-q
    But anyhow, we'll be waiting for you, tdm!
    JimJamz the JAM

*Honored Quattritannian*

ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I have installed the ROM successfully and booted, but one problem: I can't change my wallpaper.
    The phone won't change from the plain BLACK wallpaper. This isn't really a major problem, but I'd like it if i can get my Black Ops 2 back on my home screen.

Phone Specs:
    Android Version: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.04
    ROM: CyanogenMod 9 from Quattrimus
    Phone model: VS660
    Phone name: Vortex

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (CM9)

Did you try rebooting a few times? Clear cache/dalvik-cache too. If that doesn't work, just reflash.
    I have CM9 on a Vortex and I'm perfectly fine. :O
    JimJamz the JAM

*Honored Quattritannian*

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta2

I know that I'm tardy to the party but I want to say thanks to tdm and everyone else who has contributed to the development of these wonderful ROMS. I'm running the AOKP beta2 on my Vortex and loving it. I can't contribute much in the way of development, but I do have two LG phones which I am willing to donate to tdm for development purposes, if he'd like them.

The first is a beat up LG Optimus S, VS670, which belonged to my sister who has since moved onto to an iPhone. It's in rough condition cosmetically but it works just fine. I had been using it as a guinea pig to test out new ROMS and such. It is currently running on the AOKP beta2.
    The second is a LG Vortex, VS660, which is stuck at the LG boot screen. I have no use for either of these devices, so tdm if you want them they are yours. Just send me a PM here or an e-mail to onechaos[at]live.com

Thanks again.
    RidDleZ likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

FYI

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS-uploadfromtaptalk1354737390496.jpg  
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:

im new to this so please forgive my ignorance. it seems as tho an officialy nightly cm9 has been abandonded so i was wondering if it would be possible for a developer to frankenstein the hardware settings/info from, say lightnting c and mesh it with the cm9 the rid the romm of the faults? again please forgive my ignorance and grammar
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

CM9 code is pretty much frozen. You won't see nightlies anywhere unless the developer is maintaining their own changes in the ROM

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus ICS 4.04

I just found something out, don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem but if so, this'll cure some headache.

Build: AOKP

Problem: proximity sensor not shutting screen of while your face is against screen (in a call).

Cure: Open phone app ->menu: settings ->Disable lights out: check it.

For some reason it has the opposite effect.. I'm sure others have discovered this, but if not here you go!

Regards,

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

I need to activate a virgin mobile phone with this ROM installed already. I am screwed?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus ICS 4.04

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Harrington View Post
    I need to activate a virgin mobile phone with this ROM installed already. I am screwed?
    Why would you be screwed? Just activate it as normal.

Well, I called them and tried to activate it and had a little trouble. The rep asked me to punch in some numbers, and said that would bring up some activation thing. I assume that because it is no longer the manufacturers software, that activation thing wasn't there. I didn't want to say the phone was rooted, but maybe should have. She said that I could call back once my phone number is ported over to Virgin, and could finish up the activation then.

I'm only asking now before I call back and have to explain why I can't activate it normally.

Side note: This is the 5th or 6th ROM I tried with this phone. It is the ONLY one that's worked (so far) on my Optimus V. Thanks for your hard work. And thanks for the quick reply.
    tgp

Global Posts
    2,721 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Harrington View Post
    You will need to install either the stock ROM or LeslieAnn's Harmonia ROM to activate. It doesn't matter if the phone is rooted. After activation, flash whatever ROM you want.

Awesome. Another ROM. Is rooting your phone really worth it?

Just trying CM9 last night. everything works well except mentioned bugs. it's fell faster than previous CM7 on gingerbread.
    but anyway I still wait for rotation error to be fixed.

New update on fixes(aokp):
    For those who are having issues charging with an ac/dc, or usb charging, there is an option under settings>rom control>Performance>and tick the checkbox for fast charge; reboot; this will disable usb storage tho, untill unchecked and rebooted; but it will get it to start charging. just one thing i noticed and had to start doing, otherwise it would say charging, but the battery percentage went down instead of up. if you need to use the usb storage, you need to uncheck then reboot, then try, or alternatively unmount the sdcard, then use a micro sdcard adapter(if you have a sdcard slot in a computer), or a micro sdcard to usb transflash, or you can switch roms for a bit just follow the steps y6ou probabbly alrteady know for it, the usuall backup, flash/restore backup, the usuall. =) hope this helped
    Last edited by jkok; 01-23-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: labeling this is a fix for aokp

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (CM9)

Gah. TDM, where are you?
    We need to keep this thread alive!
    Bring back all the hype for this rom!
    JimJamz the JAM

*Honored Quattritannian*

I think it's time we just thank TDM for all his work and let him know we enjoyed his rom and move on. I found this the other day and it looks interesting:
    [ROM][PORT]LG Vortex JB 4.1.2 MaceksMod 10-Testers Needed!!! - xda-developers
    Long awaited JellyBean for our beloved LG Vortex's!

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    Quattrimus ICS
    Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" for the Vortex.
    Flavors: CM9 and AOKP (AOSP on the way).

Latest release
    beta2

Official Page
    Primary
    Alternate

Please read the official page before reporting issues.

Do not use link2sd, mount2sd, or any other 2sd script with this ROM.
    Hi to all

Flashed CM9 nightly + kernel for Optimus V 3.0.8 + init.thunder+ OS_keswap +small gapps

result

WIFI, all sensors working, specially accelerometer works good in auto mode for web, camera perfectly,
    working stable coz kernel are good, tested for few days, 4GB SD splited for 2 partitions, 1t FAT32 2d ext3
    BUGS ( as usually with custom)
    no usb, charging indicator no works, battery status show only 100% 75% 50% and 25%, and low micro volume, but better than before

done next way

1. Wipe
    2. ROM CM9 ( added Root_Explorer)
    3. Kernel 3.0.8. text 61 ( see updates http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post2964028 )
    4. Init ( took original 4.0.4 init.thunderc.rc, deleted boot logo line)
    5. Os keyswap
    6. flash gapps-ics-20120429-small
    7. Reboot

Note. This is JB 4.0.4, be sure you have an sd-ext on your sd card before, as rom use it for dalvik and data, another case you will got problem with apps installation - error in loading or package file invalid for big size apps
    ** also use fast speed SD 10class

Links
    ROM http://www.ex.ua/get/66538785
    GAPPS http://www.ex.ua/get/66538880
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS-screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-43.png   [ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS-screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-58.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zemm356; 08-01-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add photos
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (CM9)

Whoa! This is a big surprise! So you're saying rotation works too? And what about HW acceleration?
    JimJamz the JAM

*Honored Quattritannian*

Quote Originally Posted by JimJ2mz View Post
    Whoa! This is a big surprise! So you're saying rotation works too? And what about HW acceleration?
    Yes, I am surprized when tested
    with any of vm670 roms it is reverted. only with this rom it working perfect!
    just test it))) all working fast

Hi All! Firstly, thanks to all who are keeping this going! One question, does cell/3g service now work as well? I still use my vortex as my daily phone currently running BobZhome's CM7 build which has worked great for me awhile now. Would love to have 4.0.4, but need all services to work...

Thanks!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112