FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Did they by any chance bring back the old functionality where my watch could be connected to my BT headset, but it could still show me who is calling on my cellphone?

Seeing the caller on my watch was the single most useful feature that they took away through an update :(
I can't use my U2 anymore since Google took away phone call notifications on the watch if we have a BT phone headset connected to our phones. I really hope they are rethinking this in 2.0,but I guess they figure no one receives phone calls these days, and even less people receive them using a phone BT headset. Sucks.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is still looking for theater mode, try double press on the center button.

I had heard from someone that it had been removed from the developer build. Theater mode was a bit of a downgrade from what came at launch, but removing it will just further ruin AW 2.0

Posted via the Android Central App

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The displayed option for it was gone in first preview, but you could still double press to enable it. Not sure about the latest build.

Tetragrammaton

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am fairly new to Android and to Android Wear.

I live in Europe and have the LG Urbane 2nd Edition 3G. Does anyone of you know a release date for AW 2.0?

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Honestly i like it. Huge negatives are google fit doesn't work, maps doesn't work and all apps for the most part have to be sideloaded with adb. The positives are the new features are great, it is very fast and battery life is great. if you are already on a dev preview and want to put an hour or so into it setting up and sideloading apps it's worth it. if you aren't currently on a dev preview i would stay put because the stock image for 1.5 is broken with battery reporting and it's beyond horrible battery life to go back so you more or less are stuck.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm, ok.. yeah I'm still on 1.5 and was looking forward to try 2.0 but with what you just said, i might hold off a little..

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly i like it. Huge negatives are google fit doesn't work, maps doesn't work and all apps for the most part have to be sideloaded with adb. The positives are the new features are great, it is very fast and battery life is great. if you are already on a dev preview and want to put an hour or so into it setting up and sideloading apps it's worth it. if you aren't currently on a dev preview i would stay put because the stock image for 1.5 is broken with battery reporting and it's beyond horrible battery life to go back so you more or less are stuck.

I moved to DP3.
I was on DP1 and tried DP2. DP2 was just too unstable.
DP3 seems to be stable. I haven't tried side loading any applications.
I like the ability to assign functions/apps to the buttons.
Step Count can be assigned to one o the complications.
Movie/Theater mode is back.
Having the play store directly on the watch is very cool.

Things missing for me:
No heart rate app yet.
Few watch faces.
My coffee app for paying at SB is gone.
VIP application no longer avail.
Other stuff and lots of it missing.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have DP3 since release day with all apps sideloaded, hangouts, messenger, fit. Maps I haven't put on yet but will tonight. The watch is so much better it's insane. Battery life is awesome. I mean really awesome. I don't turn off sim radio at all anymore. Everything works great, voice, hangouts...etc.

Even in standalone.

Most apps you can sideload, just pull the wearables APK from the assets folder of the app(download the app open it with 7zip on computer and over adb
ADB Install filename.apk )

Watchfaces do have issues at times. But once they are in new play store there should be no issues.

Very happy now.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to sideload the stock watch faces back on? i used the gold version quite a bit. Also after further time using the preview sideloading is initially a hassle but i fully agree with everything runningwarrior08 said. Battery life is amazing, it's smooth and miles ahead of preview 2. Not perfect obviously but coming along nicely.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Well, how about voice commands? Can it be used seamlessly as in 1.5? If that works well, i think i ! might do the switch. Just need to be sure that Ghostracer will keep on working after since i use it a lot.. Regarding watchfaces, i guess you can sideload Watchmaker and download the watchfaces you need.

johcos

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way to sideload the stock watch faces back on? i used the gold version quite a bit. Also after further time using the preview sideloading is initially a hassle but i fully agree with everything runningwarrior08 said. Battery life is amazing, it's smooth and miles ahead of preview 2. Not perfect obviously but coming along nicely.
Yes you can extract the watch faces from the 1,5 image and sideload them.

The only problem I noticed and eventually returned to 1.5 is that I get a significant lag (maybe 1 minute or more) in showing the notifications (From the time I get the notification to my phone until I see it on the watch.) And I get the same lag on phone calls too when it's the first time ringing after a while sitting idle. Has anyone else noticed something like that?

sirrelevant

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
tech_head: DP3 allows you to change the use of the extra buttons? What can you do with them now, and where do you set it up?

Or did you mean the face complications?

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Awesome. Only wanted the premium gold face. If anybody outside the US could share the premium blue version i would be very grateful. I have searched high and low for it to no avail and nobody wanted to create it for watchmaker

kuau

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm running DP3 on my watch. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to install Google fit?
Where do I find the APK for Fit for AW or Ghost racer. I use my watch Everytime I go on a mountain bike ride and LG health on the watch does not seem to work, well it kind of works the display only show time, not distance or speed though after my ride if I goto FIT on my phone it does show my ride and the distance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non