Duplicate pictures

Oscar Rodrigo

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Recently I have a problem with my phone, it's showing duplicate (double) pictures everywhere, except that there's only one file for each of them, the only difference is that one path will be "/sdcard/Whatsapp/Media/WhatsApp Images/photo1.jpg" and the other one will be "/storage/emulated/0/Whatsapp/Media/WhatsApp Images/photo1.jpg"

If I edit either file, the changes will appear on the other. The file is the same, only the paths are duplicated. Everything was working fine a couple of days ago, I would only see one file of everything. It all started after someone turned on the phone without the extra SD card (formatted as internal storage) in it, then the paths were duplicated.

I can see the duplicates on Google photos, Facebook, messenger and whatsapp.

There seems to be a similar case in this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-2012/245386-pictures-showing-up-twice.html ; however, there's no clear solution to it.

My phone model is XT1641 and the current OS is Nougat 7.0 (I got the update about two weeks ago).

Any help would be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say that you can see the duplicates on Google Photos, do you mean that when you're looking at the main screen, you see two of the same photo? Or are you just seeing two different file locations? /storage/emulated/0 is essentially the same as /storage/sdcard0 (which is the phone's Internal Storage).

Oscar Rodrigo

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I can see the two of them, you can see it in my screenshot.

I can open either file; however, any changes I make to one of them will take place in the other, same thing goes for the folders.

I can see the duplicates in Google photos, Facebook, FB messenger, FB groups, WhatsApp, etc.

Apparently, FX file explorer only shows one path, the one referenced to as sdcard.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170324-141107.jpg
    Screenshot_20170324-141107.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's weird.:confused: So even after you reinserted that adopted SD card, the problem persisted? Does it help if you wipe the cache? https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/111301/p/30,6720,9686

We've certainly seen a number of issues raised in these forums about Adoptable Storage (i.e., formatting an SD card as Internal Storage) on Moto devices, and this might be yet another one, so you may want to think twice before continuing to use it.

Oscar Rodrigo

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I've come to find out that about the SD card recently. The weird part is that my phone worked perfectly fine before updating to nougat. Then it started acting slow and weird (no notifications), so I decided to do a factory reset and after that it seemed to be more or less ok.

Then this happened and no one has a clue. I have to keep rebooting the phone on a regular basis because using it becomes unbearable and doing so seems to do the trick at least for a while. I've also noticed that sometimes after the reboot, some apps will be missing from the home screen and I have to drag them again to it; some other times the apps will remain untouched like they were before powering off the phone, the charge runs out at an increased rate after the update (even when no longer using Google now) and the charge rate is also slower, so it will take longer to reach a full charge.

I'm really hating lenovo and this phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87