Wireless Charging

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that because wireless charging is done from the battery mod to the phone, the charging icon on the phone shows it constantly charging even when it's completely finished. This doesn't happen using the provided USB C cable.

The problem with this, in my opinion, is that the battery mod, unlike the phone itself, doesn't know when to shut down when full since it's just a battery. The result was that after being on charge all night the battery back was pretty hot when I took it off the Tylt charger. I've since switched back to the cable. OCD is a killer.....😱

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I leave mine on a wireless charger all night and have not felt any heat on it in the morning. But then I have it set to the setting where it does not charge the phone til it reaches 80%.

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a few year old Nokia wireless charger and had my tumi mod on my device charging all night, no heat in am.

mlc48

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Looking for wireless charging pad recommendations. Just got my Z Droid with the Tumi battery mod. Having a blast!

Thanks for help

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tylt Vu charger which I had used with a previous phone (Droid Maxx). Not only is the Moto (a Force BTW) hot in the morning, but once the battery gets to full then for the rest of the night the screen repeatedly comes on to show "Charging phone" and the two circles, then the screen goes off, then it comes back on again. It disturbs my sleep.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7lmj43603k14ku/VID_20160921_091003571.mp4?dl=0[/video]

(The video was done in the morning rather than during the night, with the Sonos player running which is what you see in the background, but that isn't running at night)

Anyone know how to prevent this? Under Notifications, Do Not Disturb is set for nights, but I haven't found anything similar to say keep the display off at night unless there's a phone call or something. I am looking for a way to keep the phone from doing this, not for low-tech suggestions like "throw a sock over it".