Sprint Moto X Cellular Reception

coop486

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S III and prior to that I had a Motorola Photon 4G. I received exceptional call quality and signal strength from my Motorola phone on Sprint. When I placed my phone next to another Sprint phone, I would frequently notice that my phone had better signal strength. I don't think I ever dropped a call on my Photon, but I drop my calls at the same 3 locations on my commute home with my GS3.

I'm looking to get the Moto X and I'm curious to know if Sprint Moto X owners have seen improved signal strength over their previous phones. Any feedback on cellular signal strength vs other phones?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've heard it reported that Samsung phones don't have the best radios. I can't attest to that as I have an S4 and it's been fine, never a dropped call, but I'm w/AT&T.

Abyssul

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My Sprint MotoX has very variant signals. I can sit in the same spot and see my wifi and phone signals go from 1-2 bars to 4 randomly. There is also the issue of choppy audio, but that is getting fixed in the next update.

coop486

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've heard it reported that Samsung phones don't have the best radios. I can't attest to that as I have an S4 and it's been fine, never a dropped call, but I'm w/AT&T.

I've heard that before. Witnessed it personally between the Nexus S and the GS3. I'm sure that with a strong network like AT&T this isn't much of an issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

coop486

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint MotoX has very variant signals. I can sit in the same spot and see my wifi and phone signals go from 1-2 bars to 4 randomly. There is also the issue of choppy audio, but that is getting fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping to hear more feedback from people when the Sprint update comes out. Not sure how much longer I can use the GS3 for. Poor battery life and reception are killing me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

same here and i have no idea why. which wasnt the case when i was on a motorola admiral for a few weeks.

tabascoman66

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I am on Sprint and I would have to say that my Moto X radio is much better than my old Galaxy 2. So much better! I also notice that the 4g & 3g both stay locked in longer during driving. And the SG2 had Wimax 4g which was horrible. LTE is light years ahead and stable. I am also not used to the GPS locking in mere seconds. Call me happy :)

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and I would have to say that my Moto X radio is much better than my old Galaxy 2. So much better! I also notice that the 4g & 3g both stay locked in longer during driving. And the SG2 had Wimax 4g which was horrible. LTE is light years ahead and stable. I am also not used to the GPS locking in mere seconds. Call me happy :)

Ditto for me. Love my new Sprint Moto X compared to old SG2.