text messages

r p1

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
well i am still in the learning curve, everytime i get a text message on my moto x with an attatchment i cannot open it i get an error message that reads,
response error, 502 bad gateway, bad response was recived from another proxy server or the destination origin server.
any help would be great

dbam987

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed on Verizon network is that text messages wouldn't download unless I had LTE connectivity. If I was on 3G, no text messages would be downloaded. Of course, I was using a windows phone at the time so it may have something with it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
A regular txt is an SMS and does not require transmission over your data plan. But if it's an 'attachment' like a photo it's a MMS, not SMS, so you have to be on data not wifi to get the attachment. Maybe this is your issue? Make sure you are not on just Wifi and have a 3g/4g signal and try getting the message again. I use Handcent to get MMS sometimes when my stock messenger gets fubar'd on my Gnex. (My Moto X is still being built).

njguy0414

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That link isn't working. When I went to the viewmymessage.com page I saw:

Sorry, ViewMyMessage.com is no longer able to be accessed directly.

In order to improve your experience, there are now three ways you can access your messages:
Click on the link provided in the notification message to view your message on your phone
Type in the entire link - provided in the notification message on your phone - in the address bar on your browser
Forward the notification message to your email and:
Click on the link directly from your email to view your message
OR
Copy and paste the link on to the address bar on your browser to view your message
Check out the latest AT&T phones here if you are interested in receiving picture and video messages directly on your mobile phone.

Have you always had this issue? Or did you just get the phone, and are new to AT&T? That last sentence makes me think that whatever plan you have, doesn't allow you to get pics and video on your phone. I don't use AT&T so I'm not familiar with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38